Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair? Empty
PostSubject: Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair?   Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 6:37 pm

My crankshaft pulley/harmonic balancer is worn and wobbly and needs replacing. I've had no luck sourcing one in the UK or in Portugal where I'm stuck right now. The best I've found online is either one to ship from Japan or a firm in Lithuania that renovates them! Any ideas where to find one in UK or Europe? The part number is 13408-67020. Or any ideas about possible repair? Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair?   Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:19 pm

The pulley has a taper fit with a keyway on the crankshaft. Repairs have been attempted but rarely last, even welding the pulley and crank does not last long.
I'd try an engine refurb company, several on ebay, you can but ask.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair?   Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 7:39 am

Thanks, I'm following a few UK leads with Jap 4x4 parts companies. This pulley is shared with some other Toyota models such as Landcruiser, etc. It's not actually the fit onto the crankshaft that's wobbly, it's the outer larger ring of the double pulley itself. I don't quite understand how they fit together - some kind of rubber flange? Anyway, I spoke to my UK mechanic and he's clear that a new one is essential - a repair could cause serious problems if the pulley becomes unbalanced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair?   Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 4:23 pm

I mean inner not outer ring...
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair?   Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 6:33 pm

By help -

www.micksgarage.com/.../crankshaft%20pulleys/toyota/toyota%20hiace/

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair?   Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 7:26 pm

Thanks Clive, I'll hang on to that one as now have positive leads with www.milneroffroad.com and www.japeurocarparts.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair?   Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crankshaft pulley replacement or repair?
Page 1 of 1