Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
YvonneF
YvonneF

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Shepparton, australia
Model and year : TOYOTA HIACE CUSTOM CRUISING CABIN 1992
Registration date : 2015-02-14

Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom Empty
PostSubject: Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom   Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 7:17 am

Hi All,
Joined the forum last night and am blown away with the volume and quality of information on Hiace Customs. I had no idea when I bought mine only a month or so ago that I'd fall in love with it. And to discover there is a dedicated forum is brilliant. I'm not mechanically minded or experienced in doing any modification work so I'm on a huge learning curve. Right now I don't have any problems with my Ace, bought it in Darwin, Australia and drove it 3,800kms to Victoria within the last two weeks without a hitch. Must say I was very apprehensive as I'd never driven a vehicle 20+ years old and certainly had never driven a 4WD diesel. Within ten minutes of hitting the road I was rapt and the entire trip was problem free. I'm sure as time goes on I'll have loads of questions - and of course if you have any advice I'm all ears....best purchase I've ever made. Can you tell I'm excited?

Yvonne
PS: I will try to load some pics (another learning curve!)

Back to top Go down
funbus
Been here a while
Been here a while
funbus

Number of posts : 135
Home City : hampshire
Model and year : 1993, Toyota Hiace, 2.8 diesel,
Registration date : 2010-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom   Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 4:07 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum Smile

don't forget to post some pictures of your Hiace.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom   Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 5:04 pm

Best advice is to keep an eye on the coolant level and change the oil every 5000ks with filter change every other oil change. It will then run for ever.
Back to top Go down
YvonneF
YvonneF

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Shepparton, australia
Model and year : TOYOTA HIACE CUSTOM CRUISING CABIN 1992
Registration date : 2015-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom   Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 1:14 am

Thanks for the welcome Funbus, and your advice Clive. Will keep an eye on my coolant level. Meanwhile I'm having trouble loading pics of my van. I tried the website suggested on the FAQs on the forum but without success. Also I can't find an option to put an Avatar on my profile - any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
funbus
Been here a while
Been here a while
funbus

Number of posts : 135
Home City : hampshire
Model and year : 1993, Toyota Hiace, 2.8 diesel,
Registration date : 2010-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom   Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 1:35 pm

For the avatar, go to the top of the page and click on profiles, then at the top of the profiles page, you have the options for your signiture, avatar and other things, click avatar and then upload your picture.
As for uploading pictures, i upload my pictures to Photobucket, then just copy and paste the link on to here.
Hope this helps Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom   Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Newbie - 1992 Toyota Hiace Custom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: