Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bouncy bottom

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 65
Home City : Neston/Dubrovnik
Model and year : HIACE SUPER CUSTOM LIMITED

Registration date : 2014-07-02

Bouncy bottom Empty
PostSubject: Bouncy bottom   Bouncy bottom Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 11:36 pm

Driving home tonight felt like the rear suspension had turned to jelly, could hear hissing earlier on but tyres look fine, do they have some sort of air suspension or the like Mad
Back to top Go down

Bouncy bottom Empty
PostSubject: Shockers   Bouncy bottom Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:56 am

That'll surely be your rear shockers gone? Happened to me last year, felt like driving a bucking bronco. A bit difficult replacing them on my camper conversion - they obviously hadn't considered the possibility and I had to cut holes in the floor to get at the top mountings.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Bouncy bottom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bouncy bottom   Bouncy bottom Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 4:40 pm

Check is it not the bottom bolt sheared that would be a cheap easy fix.
On the normal wagon easy to replace.
Not sure if the Hiace van ones fit? If they do sourcing replacements would be a load easier
Back to top Go down
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Bouncy bottom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bouncy bottom   Bouncy bottom Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 10:03 pm

Ok so have called several factors including Milners with no joy, where on earth does one source rear shocks scratch
Back to top Go down
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Bouncy bottom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bouncy bottom   Bouncy bottom Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Rebel49 wrote:
That'll surely be your rear shockers gone? Happened to me last year, felt like driving a bucking bronco. A bit difficult replacing them on my camper conversion - they obviously hadn't considered the possibility and I had to cut holes in the floor to get at the top mountings.

Who did get you the replacements ?
Back to top Go down

Bouncy bottom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bouncy bottom   Bouncy bottom Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 7:10 am

Now there's a question. I was in Portugal when mine went and the local mechanic sourced a pair which are actually for another Jap 4x4 but which fit perfectly. Now you'll ask what make & model, which of course I've forgotten but think may be a Nissan Patrol. If I get a chance I'll have a look at mine today for any label. Anyway, the thing to do is to get the old ones off and measure them - there's sure to be something that fits. Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Bouncy bottom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bouncy bottom   Bouncy bottom Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:49 am

Lindop Toyota/Queensferry £46 each plus VAT Shocked
Back to top Go down

Bouncy bottom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bouncy bottom   Bouncy bottom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 4:29 pm

Well done! That's really cheap compared to what I paid. Useful info for future reference, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bouncy bottom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bouncy bottom   Bouncy bottom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bouncy bottom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: