Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No power to Glow PLug Rail

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter Rainbow

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Adelaide, Australia
Registration date : 2010-11-27

No power to Glow PLug Rail Empty
PostSubject: No power to Glow PLug Rail   No power to Glow PLug Rail Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 6:04 am

Hi. Just wondering if anyone can help me out. My Hiace turns over fine and there seems to be fuel available but it won't start. There doesn't seem to be any power getting to the Glow Plug rail(?) when the ignition is turned on. Is there a fuse or relay I can check before looking at more expensive possibilities? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: No power to Glow PLug Rail   No power to Glow PLug Rail Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Check the busbar (rail) is not fractured or shorting out.

NOW be careful and run a jumper lead from + battery post to the busbar, try starting. Carefully remove jump cable!

If it fires up there is a break in the electrical feed somewhere. If it does not maybe dead glow plug(s) or a dying battery not giving it enough oomph to turn the engine fast enough.

Big amp fuses by/on the + battery lead, they unbolt from the rear, obviously disconnect the battery while looking at these!
Back to top Go down
Peter Rainbow

PostSubject: Re: No power to Glow PLug Rail   No power to Glow PLug Rail Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 8:09 am

Thanks Clive. Will give it go. Pete
Back to top Go down
Peter Rainbow

PostSubject: Re: No power to Glow PLug Rail   No power to Glow PLug Rail Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:46 am

Battery is good and has plenty of "oomph". 80 Amp Fuse also seems fine. Does anyone know where I can find the Glow Plug Relay so I can check that? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: No power to Glow PLug Rail   No power to Glow PLug Rail Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 5:27 pm

Passenger footwell, panel onside of the centre console, going on memory here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No power to Glow PLug Rail   No power to Glow PLug Rail Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No power to Glow PLug Rail
Page 1 of 1