Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Replacement Alternator

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Replacement Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Replacement Alternator   Replacement Alternator Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 6:59 am

Help! my alternator has seized up. I need a replacement but, knowing how expensive that will be, I'm wondering if anyone in the UK has obtained a reconditioned unit from anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Alternator   Replacement Alternator Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 7:23 am

Take it to a Lucas or similar electrical factors and see if they can recondition it. Often a bearing can be replaced and/or the diode pack replaced and it is as good as new.

Last edited by Clive on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Alternator   Replacement Alternator Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 8:26 am

Thanks Clive, will try that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Alternator   Replacement Alternator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replacement Alternator
Page 1 of 1