Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

U.K Insurance for 10 seater Hiace SC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JoandJulian

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Hebden Bridge
Registration date : 2013-10-26

U.K Insurance for 10 seater Hiace SC Empty
PostSubject: U.K Insurance for 10 seater Hiace SC   U.K Insurance for 10 seater Hiace SC Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:31 am

Hi all,

1st post- good to be here.

My wife and I are looking to import a 10 seater from Japan (approx: 99, man, diesel, 3.0l).

We would be very grateful if anyone could offer some advice regarding insurers and if anyone happens to have a similar model, what kind of ballpark figure they are currently paying?

Our current insurer (Admiral) doesn't have the vehicle in its database so I've had to write to various departments to get a quote (which is ongoing).

We currently have a Jap import Estima Lucida (8 seater) but are in need of an extra seat. The Estima's been fantastic; we weren't actually looking for a Jap import but ending up buying one by accident really, it's been so good for the last 5 years that we're now complete converts:)

Thanks for looking and best wishes,

Jo and Julian
Back to top Go down
JoandJulian

PostSubject: Re: U.K Insurance for 10 seater Hiace SC   U.K Insurance for 10 seater Hiace SC Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:47 am

Well - this has been quite challenging so far to just get a quote.

Spent a couple of days working on this on and off (insurance form-filling is such a ball-ache).

Out of about about 20 different insurers only one came back with a quote.

Thankfully it's a good one (less than we're paying for our 8 seater Estima!).

Hats off to Adrian Flux.

Will keep searching and still gladly take any advice

Cheers,

JoandJulian
Back to top Go down
Alferbys

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Holywell North Wales
Registration date : 2013-11-01

PostSubject: Re: U.K Insurance for 10 seater Hiace SC   U.K Insurance for 10 seater Hiace SC Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi we also had problems insuring ours we had to go back to the seller (dealer) who then went back to the previous owners and they had been insured via Adrian Flux we got a quote from them which I think if memory serves me was about £360.  Just be careful they added extras on without telling me and we didn't realise until I started getting other paperwork through the post, this included key cover (if you loose your keys)  not sure what the other one was cant remember off hand but I rang back and checked it out and cancelled the ones we didn't need / want, they were fine about it no problems at all but it would have been so much easier to ask the question in the first place rather than assume and then have to cancel things.  The insist on confirmation of no claims bonus etc which you need to send in to them, after a lot of  messing about I scanned ours in and they accepted it by email.  Hope this helps, firms like the caravan club and camping and caravan club also do insurance for ours which has been converted into a camper van.  Have you tried the compare sites on the internet?
Back to top Go down
JoandJulian

PostSubject: Re: U.K Insurance for 10 seater Hiace SC   U.K Insurance for 10 seater Hiace SC Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:23 am

Hi Alferbys,

Thanks for responding.

Good tip about the extras and yes you're right, there are a few things like the key cover that they'd put on the quote. In some ways that's good as it means the quote is even cheaper:).

It does seem like the combination of grey import and 10 seater is enough to send 98% of insurers scurrying to their underwriters (computer says no!).

And yes, already done the rounds with the comparison sites without much joy tbh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.K Insurance for 10 seater Hiace SC   U.K Insurance for 10 seater Hiace SC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

U.K Insurance for 10 seater Hiace SC
Page 1 of 1