Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mirror glass on driver side loose

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

Mirror glass on driver side loose Empty
PostSubject: Mirror glass on driver side loose   Mirror glass on driver side loose Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 12:30 am

Hi all,

for some months now, the glass in my driver's side mirror has been loose in the housing, not responding to the electrics. Before that it was pointing more downwards making it difficult to see traffic in the adjacent lane.

I have temporarily jammed a piece of cardboard near the edge to stop it wobbling around, but it's getting annoying to the point where I need to do something about it.

Does anyone know where I could get a similar mirror for an SC van?

Would a mirror from something else fit? From an aesthetic point of view I would prefer the same housing as to what I've already got though.

Could the housing on the existing mirror be filled with something to stop the glass from wobbling around.

I'd be happy with a manual mirror if an electric one wasn't available.

The mirror is the same as the one on the van on the homepage above (towing the boat out of the water).
Vehicle is a 1994 4WD with 1KZ-TE engine.

regards,

Werner
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Mirror glass on driver side loose   Mirror glass on driver side loose Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:51 pm

Any glass or mirror co should be able to repair or fit new mirrorglass for you i had a mirror break in a jag and windscreen obrien fixed it for me
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Mirror glass on driver side loose   Mirror glass on driver side loose Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 4:47 am

Look under the mirror and you should see a hole whack in phillips screwdriver and tighten it up. Worked for me anyway. Smile Good luck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mirror glass on driver side loose   Mirror glass on driver side loose Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 7:22 pm

Bluetack works for me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mirror glass on driver side loose   Mirror glass on driver side loose Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirror glass on driver side loose
Page 1 of 1