Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Neewbie questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Merlin_
Not so new now
Not so new now
Merlin_

Number of posts : 76
Home City : Nelson BC
Model and year : 92 Hiace 4x4 Diesel Cruising Cabin
99 Tercel ce *mint*
00 Tacoma *loved and now lost, sold to buy my van!*
Registration date : 2012-11-26

Neewbie questions Empty
PostSubject: Neewbie questions   Neewbie questions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:13 am

Hi all.

I am brand new to the board and a brand new Hiace owner. I knew absolutely nothig about these vans before buying it, just needed a 4x4 van and would rather push a toyota than drive any other car.

Please bear with me as I ask what I realize might be possibly ridiculiously easy questions for most of you. The van is a RHD from Japan, and I bought it from the guy who bought it from the import dealer. Everything is in Japanese and I am fining that it is necessary to go to specialty import shops for servicing. There seem to be very few of these vans even around here in Canada, maybe a handfull for sale, and I get looks and people stopping me in the parking lot asking about it everywhere I go.

I am starting to straighten out some of the bugs inherent in a 20 year old van, and am very grateful to find such a board with such great posts. Please dont hesitate to suggest sticky threads I should be aware of etc.

A few questions Question

What is the difference between a super custom and a custom? Mine just says custom.

I might be able to buy a whole 92 supercustom for parts I need, alternator, mirrors, body parts, tirs, etc. Would this be worth my while given the limited availibility of even the siplest parts here? The wrecked van is a shorter wheelbase had a 3.0 non turbo diesel, mine is 2.8 non turbo, are parts such as alternators, power steering/ water pump, oil/air filters, rad/axles etc. be compatable across the 2 models? Would a 3.0 swap into my van incase I blew my engine?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mjr760
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Neewbie questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neewbie questions   Neewbie questions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 am

2.8 and 3.0 are not the same engine and I would guess not many parts are interchangable.

The rest of the drive chain maybe.

Body wise there should be some parts that can be moved accross.

Super Custom Limited was the top of the range van, all sorts of extras, hot/cold box, electric curtains, net curtains, front/rear intercom, digital dash to name but a few.
Back to top Go down
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 65
Home City : Neston/Dubrovnik
Model and year : HIACE SUPER CUSTOM LIMITED

Registration date : 2014-07-02

Neewbie questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neewbie questions   Neewbie questions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi all, hope you don't mind a newbie crashing the thread, couldn't find an introduction section, i have purchased a Super Custom Limited via egay, 94 reg, picking it up on fri from Bradford, i notice from the pics it has a normal dash, not digital ?

All help appreciated, looking forward to the banter and hopefully going to some meets soon  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Neewbie questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neewbie questions   Neewbie questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neewbie questions
Page 1 of 1