Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Changing the stero to a more "basic"unit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Changing the stero to a more "basic"unit Empty
PostSubject: Changing the stero to a more "basic"unit   Changing the stero to a more "basic"unit Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:57 pm

Hey all,

Just after some tips, warnings, advise before I start.. I am wanting to put a different head unit in my van. It currently has this touch screen, DVD/TV/GPS/Car maintence/CD/radio thing in it.
The only thing I use on it is the radio & CD. The TV doesn't tune in & who watches DVD's on the dash anyway?

My question is, when I pull it out what am I going to expect wire wise with the GPS & Car maintenance thing. Its hooked up to something that senses the speed I am doing & my breaking etc.
Do i just tape those wirse up out of the way when they are no longer in use?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Changing the stero to a more "basic"unit   Changing the stero to a more "basic"unit Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:02 am

You should have three separate plug areas, maybe all in one plug?
I normal ISO head unit and 1 speaker connection as one plug, other stuff on a it's own plug but maybe all in one?
Hopefully you can just leave the other plug off and all wires will be isolated within the block.
Back to top Go down
izzzzythedog
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 69
Home City : midlands
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Changing the stero to a more "basic"unit   Changing the stero to a more "basic"unit Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:56 pm

why would it need to be hooked up to your brakes and speedo ? should be just normal gps

tug out , iso lead , hunt a tray or blanking plate for a toyota off ebay and stick a new head unit in , a double din will make filling the hole easier
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing the stero to a more "basic"unit   Changing the stero to a more "basic"unit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changing the stero to a more "basic"unit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Electrical :: Sparky Lives Ere-
Jump to: