Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
leewestuk
leewestuk

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Reading, England
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace "Cruising Cabin"
4x4 2.8D
Registration date : 2012-08-09

Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin"   Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:26 am

Hi there!

Picked up a Hiace cruising cabin 2.8D 4x4 for some adventures!

I'm using it as my daily drive to work too, surprisingly economical for a big beast!

Plan is to take it away to travel around France with the missus after we are married in September!

So far since I got it a month ago found a transmission leak through a pinhole in the metal return pipe that comes from the oil cooler, had it stripped out at a local garage and replaced with a rubber hose... now its back in the garage again with a coolant leak from a corroded metal coolant line - being replaced with a rubber hose too!

Then should be good to go!

Here are some piccys!

Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin" 1

Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin" 2

Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin" 3

Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin" 4
Back to top Go down
maztez
Not so new now
Not so new now
maztez

Number of posts : 89
Home City : Gold Coast Qld
Model and year : super custom 3ltr turbo diesel 1995
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin"   Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:48 pm

WOW how nice is that ..I reckon you and your new bride will get many happy trips in your Cruising Cabin ..
cheers Tezza
Back to top Go down
Jules53

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Bournemouth
Registration date : 2012-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin"   Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin" Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:10 am

I love your Crusing Cabin.....we bought one exactly the same a few months ago! I'm sure you and your 'wife to be' will find it very comfortable and will have many happy holiday's in it.

I see you have a bike rack on the back....is it a Fiamma? We 're trying to get one for our van so we can fit a Fiamma rear box, but I'm told they don't make one specifically for the Toyota Hi Ace.....

Can you give me a bit more info about it please?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
leewestuk
leewestuk

4x4 2.8D

PostSubject: Re: Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin"   Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:32 am

maztez wrote:
WOW how nice is that ..I reckon you and your new bride will get many happy trips in your Cruising Cabin ..
cheers Tezza

Cheers Tezza! Hope so! Smile
Back to top Go down
leewestuk
leewestuk

4x4 2.8D

PostSubject: Re: Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin"   Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:37 am

Jules53 wrote:

I love your Crusing Cabin.....we bought one exactly the same a few months ago! I'm sure you and your 'wife to be' will find it very comfortable and will have many happy holiday's in it.

I see you have a bike rack on the back....is it a Fiamma? We 're trying to get one for our van so we can fit a Fiamma rear box, but I'm told they don't make one specifically for the Toyota Hi Ace.....

Thanks!

Hi there!

Cheers, hoping so!

How are you finding yours?

Its worth checking the transmission oil lines going to the oil cooler on the drivers side (the horizontal rad under front behind the bumper) as they quite often have pinhole leaks due to rust (had to get them sorted on mine).

It is indeed a Fiamma, its designed for a VW T5 I believe (was on the van when I bought it). I believe its this one (one found on Ebay) but I'll check the model number for you later - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiamma-Carry-Bike-Rack-VW-Transporter-T5-Tailgate-/230763803595?pt=UK_Sports_Leisure_Cycling_Bags_Panniers_SR&hash=item35ba9833cb

Just got ours back from having another small item repaired (a metal coolant return line had rusted and was leaking) All sorted for camping fun now! Smile

Lee

Back to top Go down
leewestuk
leewestuk

4x4 2.8D

PostSubject: Re: Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin"   Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:04 pm

leewestuk wrote:
Jules53 wrote:

Thanks!

Hi there!

Cheers, hoping so!

How are you finding yours?

Its worth checking the transmission oil lines going to the oil cooler on the drivers side (the horizontal rad under front behind the bumper) as they quite often have pinhole leaks due to rust (had to get them sorted on mine).

It is indeed a Fiamma, its designed for a VW T5 I believe (was on the van when I bought it). I believe its this one (one found on Ebay) but I'll check the model number for you later - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiamma-Carry-Bike-Rack-VW-Transporter-T5-Tailgate-/230763803595?pt=UK_Sports_Leisure_Cycling_Bags_Panniers_SR&hash=item35ba9833cb

Just got ours back from having another small item repaired (a metal coolant return line had rusted and was leaking) All sorted for camping fun now! Smile

Lee

Just to confirm, it's not a T5 but a T4 (not sure if there is any difference). Its the T4 on this link (not the T4D) - http://www.fiammastore.com/Carry-Bike-Spares/Carry-Bike-VW-T4-and-VW-T4D

Cheers

Lee
Back to top Go down
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 65
Home City : Neston/Dubrovnik
Model and year : HIACE SUPER CUSTOM LIMITED

Registration date : 2014-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin"   Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 10:11 pm

Lovely  Wink 
Back to top Go down
bobbond
Not so new now
Not so new now
bobbond

Number of posts : 37
Home City : New Zealand
Model and year : 3L, 1991, Auto, Diesel, 2.8
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin"   Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 6:39 am

that's tidy! good on ya mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin"   Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our 1993 Hiace "Cruising Cabin"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Pictures Of your Hiace :: Show Us Yours !-
Jump to: