Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Towbar fitter in Sydney

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

Towbar fitter in Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Towbar fitter in Sydney   Towbar fitter in Sydney Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:10 am

Hi all.

Has anyone in Sydney had a towbar fitted to their 4WD version? Where did you get it done? How much was it?

I'm looking at a late 1994 7 seater.

Should I buy an SC in Sydney, I was thinking of trying to get one fitted there as there are more SC vans in Sydney than Adelaide, hence the chances of someone knowing which one will fit would be better.

Might try and wangle it into the sale somehow, so if I've got the name of a place which has fitted them, then I can pass that on.

regards,

Werner
Back to top Go down
fhammer
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Towbar fitter in Sydney   Towbar fitter in Sydney Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:06 am

Hi Werner

Did you have any luck?

I'm looking for one in Melbourne

Does anyone know if a standard Hiace towbar fits the 1994 Super Custom Limited?
Back to top Go down
Grabhorn

Number of posts : 12
Home City : nsw
Registration date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Towbar fitter in Sydney   Towbar fitter in Sydney Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:46 am

Toyota Hiace fit tow bar Sydney Australia

shop1auto.com.au/New towbar pages/Towbars_Toyota_HiAce.html

288 Victoria Rd.
(corner Gerard St)

Sydney 2111

They specialize in tow bars…
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Towbar fitter in Sydney   Towbar fitter in Sydney Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Yes, I did get one fitted at Allin Towbars in Adelaide. I have had one or two fitted here in the past.

As far as I know, they put a standard towbar on my van with 1 or 2 modifications on the mounting points.

My van is of 1994 vintage too Smile

What did you want to tow as that may or may not influence what sort of towbar they can put on the van due to different load ratings etc. ?
Back to top Go down
fhammer
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Towbar fitter in Sydney   Towbar fitter in Sydney Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:40 am

I was asking whether the standard Hiace towbar fits, because I've seen a few different towbar designs on ebay (some with/without wiring harness), and have been wondering whether to bid or not.

I'd like to get the model with the 'tradie's step' to make it easier to get stuff on/off the roof racks.

I'm planning to tow a box trailer with about half a tonne of PA & lighting, though it does feel there's 3 tonnes when I lug the stuff up and down stairs. Wink

If anyone knows a good fitter and/or supplier in Melb, please let me know, otherwise I'll get bidding.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 84
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Towbar fitter in Sydney   Towbar fitter in Sydney Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi Fhamer

I got mine from Locsed in ringwood. It was modified to pick up the rails properly at an extra point. It is the Hayman reese hitch reciever for the later local hiace which has the tradies step. I think it was about $600 for the bar and another $300 for fitting and modifying it. I put the wiring loom in myself including brake wiring as I use it to tow a caravan. I based this on a late model hiace loom from toyota. If you don't need to tow a great weight I'm sure there are cheaper options which might go straight on. I'm sure Locsed is still there so worth a try. Next time I'm under the van I can look to see what has been modified. Mine is an AWD. I'm not sure if it is different to the RWD for towbar fitting.

Cheers,

Dave
Back to top Go down
fhammer
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Towbar fitter in Sydney   Towbar fitter in Sydney Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 2:00 am

Thanks Dave, I'll give them a look
Back to top Go down
Sheyzo

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Gold coast
Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Towbar fitter in Sydney   Towbar fitter in Sydney Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Hey SC lovers,
I would like to find the tow capacity for my KZH106W-MRMGT 1995? any ideas?
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 84
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Towbar fitter in Sydney   Towbar fitter in Sydney Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:15 am

Hi Sheyzo,

The capacity will be whatever it says on the heaviest duty towbar you can get made/modified or fitted (up to the limit of state regulations - I think 1.5 times the tare mass of vehicle but you would need to check). My van does not have a Gross Train Mass listed - the Japanese don't seem to tow trailers - so there is no limiting factor there.
These guys might point you in the right direction. They have them listed for the Delica so maybe have done some for the SC or at least know about it.
http://truckandbustowbars.com.au/index.htm

As I said above I have a modded Hayman Reese bar fitted - the plate on it says 1500kg mass and 150kg ball weight. The original bar spec I think was 2250kg and 125kg ball mass. I just had him make up the plate so I could legally tow my van which is 1450kg and 145kg ball weight

Cheers,

Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Towbar fitter in Sydney   Towbar fitter in Sydney Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Towbar fitter in Sydney
Page 1 of 1