Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my beastie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
izzzzythedog
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 69
Home City : midlands
Registration date : 2011-09-17

my beastie Empty
PostSubject: my beastie   my beastie Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:58 am

hi ya

finally got round to taking a couple of pictures of the van , ok its not the most exciting one out there but i like it Smile

3 liter td auto , lots of sunroofs air-cons and heaters , tow bar and even wheel arches still with paint on them ! , its done 85 odd thou so far and runs a treat ,

needs a few jobs doing such as the battery is struggling now thanks to being old and the cold weather and joy of friggin joy its a funny old battery having the terminals on the wrong side ,, typically i happen to have 2 japs batterys in great nick easily capable of starting the old girl but the terminals are on the wrong side , tried to get them to stretch but not a chance , i could change the leads but thats hassle i dont really want , halfords dont have a battery ebay and fingers and toes crossed sad to say , another fun thing is the cars boggo standard , its still showing kph , i dont mind this as i work it out as fast as i read it ( im good with maths ) but really i should do something about it , the dash looks fun fun to take out and theres never enough slack on speedo cables so therefore room for mr fat fingers here , whilst im there that dam radio and yeah its got a radio in it ! its jap spec so radio 2 or nothing , the tape deck works and ive sorted out my old tapes just so i dont have to hear terry friggin wogan , i must be the only person in england using tapes ! so ive a stereo or 2 lying around so will need to change this at some point , ive not decided to change or band expand as of yet , band expander would maybe be easier but then it would be nice to have a bit of base in the old girl , i just dont like chopping the lead off to iso it as i doubt ill find a toytoa to iso for one of these vans , then of course id need a pocket , i think i have i around somehwere but in black ? last job is a set of wheels , having a google come up with 5 x 114 which once again ive 4 sets of bloody 5 x 100 not doing anything grrrrrrr , still its great to know i could stick some really nice rims on the old girl thanks to the jap love of this size

there you go , pleased to meet you all and finally get a thread started

my beastie Xmasandstuff061my beastie Xmasandstuff059
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

my beastie Empty
PostSubject: Re: my beastie   my beastie Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:57 am

nice unit. the speedo should disconnect when you take out the dash wires i believe they are all electronic at least mine is. the radio is also easy as having done 2or50 of them. Very Happy oh and welcome to the forum
cheers dave
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

my beastie Empty
PostSubject: Re: my beastie   my beastie Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Nice van and still at the shiny stage! Smile
Radio socket adaptors for Toyota (iso?) from halfords.
Speedo...mine has a km/mile gear reducer thingy inline between the cable end and gearbox...just screws inline dead easy
My battery was listed as for a mitsubishi pajero I think...bit of a squeeze but OK...just go for the biggest that fits
Back to top Go down
izzzzythedog
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 69
Home City : midlands
Registration date : 2011-09-17

my beastie Empty
PostSubject: Re: my beastie   my beastie Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:58 pm

thanks peps

its really dirty in the pictures , i errrrrr dodged the pics where it looked like id dredged it from the local canal

i did wonder if the speedo was elec , ive had a couple of other toyota people carriers ( space cruiser x2 daft name i know and a lite ace ) which were all cable , it also needed toyotas special tool number 45,967/b of 12 inch fingers to get the dam things off so now knowing its elec ill run off and buy a face , the reducers well im not 100% keen and ive also got a friend who may make me a white face up if i ask/beg nicely ( skewer.co.uk )

the battery welll its a trooper , its hanging in there just about , pajero you say bounce fantastic , sounds about right and may give a different angle to aim at
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my beastie Empty
PostSubject: Re: my beastie   my beastie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my beastie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Pictures Of your Hiace :: Show Us Yours !-
Jump to: