Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

just joined

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lalbander

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Perth
Registration date : 2011-09-23

just joined Empty
PostSubject: just joined   just joined Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi guys,
I just joined and want to introduce myself.
I admire these beautiful vans from Japan, but don't have one.
I had a Delica affraid for a couple of years and that turned me off importing another van.
It was a V6 and a technological nightmare.
I sold the van as it was too complicated and a bit troublesome. However the guys of the Delica club were a very knowledgeable bunch and great support.
There was practically no question they couldn't answer.
I wasn't brave enough to import another van after the Delica so I now have a standard ordinary 2001 Hiace ex-delivery (no windows) with 3 litre diesel non turbo engine and 5 speed manual transmission. Quite good condition with only 105000 on the clock.
Being an empty tin box with a diesel motor it's rough and noisy.
So I am lining the back with carpet to quieten it down. I also have a camp stretcher, butane stove and a solar panel & waeco fridge for short camping trips, which I do about once a week.
Unfortunately out on the open road it's deafening at about 100kph. It seems very low geared.
In 5th it does about 3000rpm at 100kph. I keep wanting to change up to a higher gear!
So I am thinking of putting bigger tyres on the back. At present it has 185r14 LTs.
Its a bit disappointing. In Thailand I have travelled in Toyota busses like your Super Customs. All mod cons, very comfortable and they go like the clappers. Very impressive on the open roads. The Thais really put their foot down too.
We also used a MB Mercedes, but it couldn't hold a candle to the Toyotas.
Ok thats about it for now. Talk again soon.
Back to top Go down

just joined
Page 1 of 1