Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Swivelling front seats swivel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ozzieenglishman

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Bath
Registration date : 2011-09-10

Swivelling front seats swivel Empty
PostSubject: Swivelling front seats swivel   Swivelling front seats swivel Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 7:36 pm

Is it possible to install front swivelling seats? Front seats that swivel to face the rear? It must be possible somehow.
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Swivelling front seats swivel   Swivelling front seats swivel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:47 am

Generic swivel bases of various sizes are available from motorhome accessory suppliers. If nothing fits exactly brackets etc. can be welded to make fit.
The hiace front seat is a very snug fit though...so would there be room for it to spin if mounted on a swivel?
Without looking I'm not sure...but let us know if you do anything interesting....
Back to top Go down
ozzieenglishman

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Bath
Registration date : 2011-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Swivelling front seats swivel   Swivelling front seats swivel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:27 am

Mmmmmm......I was hoping that someone would have the answer.

The floor that the front seats are fixed to is higher than the rear.

So are there swivel bases thin enough to do the job?

Where can I find out?

Someone must have the answer to this....
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Swivelling front seats swivel   Swivelling front seats swivel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:18 am

You won't have major probs finding a swivel to fit. As said, bracket/spacer welding may be needed. Sme diyers have used refabricated brake drums etc. and made their own.
The swivel will raise the overall hieght a little which should'nt be a problem. You'll just have to examine to see if there is space for the seat base to spin freely. Some years back I considered it, but felt it would'nt be practical/worthwhile to try. I think most owners get proficient at the (back rest down) reverse somersault method of getting in the rear Smile....and if the seats are forward you can sit on the bulkhead to face the rear
Here's a vid for interest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa0fWBVdZJU
and the 'sbmcc' website used to have a few articles/threads

Do take your van to a motorhome supplies if you need a better opinion...talk to a fitter...this is where you would buy the swivel anyway
Here's the link mentioned in the youtube vid
http://www.wyvernleisure.co.uk/advice_and_information.php?&dx=1&ob=3&rpn=parts_accessories_and_services
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swivelling front seats swivel   Swivelling front seats swivel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swivelling front seats swivel
Page 1 of 1