Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

G'day from NZ

Go down 
+4
AussieQ
srburnsy
x11stu
Scrotes
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Scrotes
Not so new now
Not so new now
Scrotes

Number of posts : 24
Home City : Wellington. NZ.
Model and year : 1994 SC 3.0 TD 4WD. -most useful vehicle I've ever owned. Should have bought one years ago!
Registration date : 2010-09-11

G'day from NZ Empty
PostSubject: G'day from NZ   G'day from NZ Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:19 am

How'd folks,

Joined the forum about a year ago but haven't been a regular visitor. Anyway, have made a few mods to the van, no stripes, new tints, new rims and shockies.

Did a backcountry tour of the South Island in Jan - thanks to Burnsey for the watertank design (an American tourist in Arrowtown asked me what it was for, I told him it was full of beer! -and i think he believed me).

Anyway here's some snaps of the trip. Recommend anyone wanting to do a 4x4 tour of the SI pop down to the library and get a copy of this: 4WD South Island. 107 Off Road Adventures. by Ken SIlby and Mark Wilson. NZ's a great country and go the All Blacks!

Happy Trails.
G'day from NZ Dsc04210
Hurunui Gorge -North Canterbury.

G'day from NZ Dsc04213
New Years eve. Loch Katrine. Moonshine and Banjo country! -North Canterbury.

G'day from NZ Dsc04410
Curio Bay -The Catlins Southland. Sealions and Penguins wandering through the camp.

G'day from NZ Dsc04414
Borland Saddle -West Fiordland.

G'day from NZ Dsc04412
South Arm -Lake Manapouri. end of the road!

G'day from NZ Dsc04415
Camp South Arm. -Lake Manapouri. -just us and a 50 million sandflies!

G'day from NZ Dsc04413
Nevis Valley. Central Otago.

G'day from NZ Dsc04416
Old Man Range. Alexandra.1700m and a chilly 5 deg. Highest public road in the SI. Like driving across the moon!

G'day from NZ Dsc04411
Old Man Rock. Alexandra.
Back to top Go down
x11stu
x11stu

Number of posts : 17
Home City : Warrington
Model and year : 1992 hiace
Registration date : 2011-05-19

G'day from NZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from NZ   G'day from NZ Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:09 pm

Nice van and SUPERB veiws, taking mine out this weekend for the first time (only bought it a week ago) might not get the same veiws as you coz i am going to Yorkshire with my dogs.
Take care
Stu
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

G'day from NZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from NZ   G'day from NZ Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Impressive photo's mate! Good to see people getting out there and using these these van's to their full potential. Love it man! How's that rock in your last pic... must be amazing in real life. Will have to get to NZ one of these days. Glad to see you have sorted the water tank out... I never thought about filling it with beer, hmmm you could be onto something there. Wink Oh and love the mtb's and the kayak racks, it's a very similar picture over here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

G'day from NZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from NZ   G'day from NZ Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:38 pm

Great pics mate. All Blacks ?? I'm sure I've heard of them somewhere Smile
Back to top Go down
Scrotes
Not so new now
Not so new now
Scrotes

Number of posts : 24
Home City : Wellington. NZ.
Model and year : 1994 SC 3.0 TD 4WD. -most useful vehicle I've ever owned. Should have bought one years ago!
Registration date : 2010-09-11

G'day from NZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from NZ   G'day from NZ Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:56 am

Yep the rock is pretty impressive, stands about 25m tall. Had some ice on the top even in the middle of summer -southerly had been through the night before.

Kayaks stayed home this time. Usually the MTB's ride in the back, I've got a set of axle mounts set up for them -i'll post a photo at some stage.

Stu -them dogs will be travelling to Yorkshire in style. I can see them now, ridin up front, shades on and pumpin to the sounds of Snoop Dogg! -yeow! afro
Back to top Go down
MNC
Been here a while
Been here a while
MNC

Number of posts : 120
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : 1997 SCG 3LDT KZH100G
Registration date : 2009-09-21

G'day from NZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from NZ   G'day from NZ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:37 am

hey there Scrotes,

fantastic documented trip, im planning to do a south island trip this summer, would be very interested in your travel route, blardy impressive.

great stuff.
Back to top Go down
JoshTwin

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Kampala, Uganda
Registration date : 2013-07-12

G'day from NZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from NZ   G'day from NZ Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 2:42 pm

This is amazing! Both the ride and the views!
Back to top Go down
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 65
Home City : Neston/Dubrovnik
Model and year : HIACE SUPER CUSTOM LIMITED

Registration date : 2014-07-02

G'day from NZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from NZ   G'day from NZ Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 10:34 pm

Cool 
Back to top Go down
bobbond
Not so new now
Not so new now
bobbond

Number of posts : 37
Home City : New Zealand
Model and year : 3L, 1991, Auto, Diesel, 2.8
Registration date : 2009-08-25

G'day from NZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from NZ   G'day from NZ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 6:37 am

Awesome Pictures, Where is your next trip going to be!
Back to top Go down
MNC
Been here a while
Been here a while
MNC

Number of posts : 120
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : 1997 SCG 3LDT KZH100G
Registration date : 2009-09-21

G'day from NZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from NZ   G'day from NZ Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 10:26 am

👍
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

G'day from NZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from NZ   G'day from NZ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G'day from NZ
Page 1 of 1