Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
calumleeds

Number of posts : 14
Home City : leeds
Registration date : 2010-02-22

insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip Empty
PostSubject: insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip   insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:23 pm

we've got cover for windscreens through direct line for our super custom 4 wheel drive which we love i to bits [ named Inspector Gadget by the kids] ,reported a stone chip to autoglass expecting a repair ,no it had to be replaced, bloke brings a replacement which doesnt fit,went down local depot to get re measured, went on weeks holiday and they said we've located a screen...YIPEE , they re contacted us to say it has to be made especially for van in Japan and going to cost over £2000...Insurers have told us to expect the van to be writtein off , assessor coming next week and we are seriously pissed off as just spent £300 on a new tank fitting and she sailed through last MOT....anyone any ideas for dealing with insures ? If we get a half way pay out and get to buy van I'm sure we can locate a new/second hand screen....Autoglass definatley don't repair in our case...
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip   insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:20 am

check the "i need "posts for windscreen may be of some help to you
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip   insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:11 am

Also check your local scrap yards and do it yourself or the screen to a auto glass garage
Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

Number of posts : 66
Home City : EASTBOURNE
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM 3.0LT TDI 4WD

Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip   insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi Calum,

if you search on this site under windscreen you will find another member that managed to get a BONDED screen from BBC Parts in Hertfordshire. I have had the same problem as you getting a screen.

Although some members have fitted screens for the UK Hiace "Compact" these will only fit vans with a rubber strip holding in the screen. I suspect yours is like mine and bonded into place, with a silk screen print around the edge to hide the sealant, in which case the Hiace Compact screen will not work!!

Good luck,

Dave
Back to top Go down
calumleeds

Number of posts : 14
Home City : leeds
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip   insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:53 pm

have you managed to replace the screen yet ? I was a bit confused with the previous posts and was ready to run out and get a compact screen ,have you tried a breakers yet ? gonna be vry pissd off if they scrap the van, thanks calum
Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

PostSubject: Re: insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip   insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi Calum,

No I have not replaced mine yet but if you take a look again at the old posts one of the members did manage to get a BONDED screen from BBC Spares in Hertfordshire for about £225 then another £80.00 to fit.

I know on the posts some of the guys have been talking about Compact screens but I have been told by a couple glass companies that these will not work as the are not bonded but held in by a rubber gasket. The only thing I can figure is that the other members vans were not bonded screens.

Good luck,

Dave
Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

PostSubject: Re: insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip   insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:12 pm

Hi Calum,

any luck with your replacement??

Ps, has anybody else out there had a "BONDED IN" windscreen fitted into their van for a reasonable price??

Cheers Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip   insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

insurance trying to rite our van off over a stone chip
Page 1 of 1