Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
djhumpty
Not so new now
Not so new now
djhumpty

Number of posts : 23
Home City : Rosebud Australia
Model and year : 1994 super custom limited edition AWD
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie) Empty
PostSubject: Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie)   Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:05 am

Hi all,
Due to an epanding family...I have just purchased a 1994 Super Custom Limited Edition. I just curiouse as to the diffrences beetween the Super Custom and the LTD version (7 seater).

Also what should i look for as far as any common faults, this one has done 130000ks, 3lt turbo, auto

Any help would be greatly appreciated....ps great forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

Number of posts : 118
Home City : Liverpool Sydney
Model and year : 92 Toyota Hi-ace 4x4 Super custom non turbo
Registration date : 2010-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie)   Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:06 pm

welcome to the club

there is a lot of info on this site read through it and if there is anything that your not sure of just ask us and someone can help

Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie)   Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:45 pm

Welcome from sunny Qld. I hope you enjoy your new toy. This forum should guide you through any teething problems as stated above, but in the main they are pretty good. They have many features that the modern vehicles are still catching up with.
Back to top Go down
Bergaboy
Bergaboy

Number of posts : 17
Home City : Melbourne Australia
Model and year : 1994 SUPER CUSTOM WITH 3.0LT. TURBO DIESEL
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie)   Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:42 am

Mine's been good, although I had to recondition the auto transmission last year at around 140000k's. The converter fused itself to the clutch plate so I lost reverse. A rare problem apparently. Other than that it has been a good van. I put a set of alloys on it to try & make it look a bit cooler. I think anything is better than hubcaps. BAN THE HUBCAP!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bergaboy
Bergaboy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie)   Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:46 am

Also I disconnected the "lights on, door open, please don't leave me" beeper which was doing my head in, especially if you want to play a CD with the door open. Now I just have to find the "sunroof open" beeper & I will be a happy man. Oh also that annoying "you have selected reverse & are going backwards" beeper. You would think the car was made in America with all the bells & beepers!
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

Number of posts : 118
Home City : Liverpool Sydney
Model and year : 92 Toyota Hi-ace 4x4 Super custom non turbo
Registration date : 2010-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie)   Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:54 am

i like the reverse beeper it helps when your 4wdin and want to keep your eyes on the track
Back to top Go down
Bergaboy
Bergaboy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie)   Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:09 pm

Fair enough. If it was a reverse parking sensor I wouldn't mind. I find the rear mirror on the liftgate handy especially when backing up to a car or trailer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie)   Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie here.....just brought a Hiace SC, good or bad (Ausie)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Modified 'Aces :: Modified 'Aces-
Jump to: