Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Double Din In dash DVD/tv/sat nav

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mjphiace
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 43
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 4WD LWB 2.8 Auto High Top Camper 1994
LH129V-ERPDS
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Double Din In dash DVD/tv/sat nav Empty
PostSubject: Double Din In dash DVD/tv/sat nav   Double Din In dash DVD/tv/sat nav Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:32 am

Hello all

Have any of you any experience of the double din tv/dvd/sat nav units that are available and would presumably fit nicely in the big gaping hole in my dash board?

I have been researching for a while now and there is a bewildering choice of units available; top range from recognised manufacturers, to cheaper units that look very appealing are very well priced, but I am suspicious that they are too good to be true. There are lots of sellers on email all saying how their product is the best and newest on the market but they all look the same. I go on to ebay with the intention of buying the cheapest I can get but then start browsing and see all the other capabilities on offer - Digital TV, sat nav, higher resolution screen, etc, etc. All I really need is a DVD and radio to keep the little one happy on the longer trips. But gadgets are great right and you've got to have everything you can can get because you never know when you might need it!

Obviously the Kenwoods, pioneers, Alpines, etc are top of the range and i do not have that sort of money. But I am interested in the Eonon, Xtron and in particular the Meos that seems to get some good press in the various ICE forums I have visited.

Your advice and experiences are appreciated as always.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Number of posts : 150
Home City : SYDNEY
Model and year : 99 LIMITED 2000 UPDATE
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Double Din In dash DVD/tv/sat nav   Double Din In dash DVD/tv/sat nav Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:33 am

I got a cheap one from hong kong about a year ago and it's not too bad. Looks like its the prototype for all the expensive ones coming out now, check out......http://digicity.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18&zenid=6cvl9gv2mc0ja931bcs21sa9r0
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Double Din In dash DVD/tv/sat nav   Double Din In dash DVD/tv/sat nav Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:53 am

2 years ago i put in a Kenwood double din dvd, sat nav, ect.. It does every thing you would ever need but yes it came with a price of about 1800 bucks Shocked It has worked faultless for that time until the other day all the button's on the bottom stopped working, lucky for me i took out 4 years extra warranty Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double Din In dash DVD/tv/sat nav   Double Din In dash DVD/tv/sat nav Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Double Din In dash DVD/tv/sat nav
Page 1 of 1