Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

Number of posts : 129
Home City : london
Model and year : LH113V 1992 Composer
Registration date : 2010-06-15

Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this? Empty
PostSubject: Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this?   Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:17 pm

I was having a 'pub conversation' (ie totally uniformed!) with a work mate about undersealing. I said a figure of about £100 was mentioned to waxoil a camper.

He reckoned that was too little for it to be a good job, thinking a fair amount of prep is needed. Like masking stuff that isn't to be waxoiled, and this couldn't be done properly for that much.
I'm not chasing a bargain that's too good to be true. If this figure is way below average I'll hotfoot it elsewhere come the day.

So what do you guys think?

Cheers
Marko
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this?   Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Do it yourself for £35, soo £100 to have it done not bad.

No need to mask anything, the spray head is easy to control.

As for prep just a good power wash or steam clean the day before.
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this?   Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:35 pm

use a heat gun afterwards to melt the wax - so it can 'wick' into nooks and crannies...
Back to top Go down
ac

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Lincolnshire uk
Model and year : Imported Hiace Super Custom , Living Saloon, 30L turbo D.... 1994 short wheel base , Auto, and running on an M numberplate, and gold colour
Registration date : 2010-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this?   Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 8:40 pm

howdy , are you sure clive that nothing needs to be masked off ,, ie hand break cable and gear box sensers ,,, if not my SC gets it this week , many thanks ac
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this?   Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:55 pm

No masking as such...BUT..brake discs, yes keep it away from those...you'll maybe also want to clean any overspray off rubber bushes/hoses.
It may alledgedy be safe....but I've seen sprayed rubber areas swell slightly...(white spirit content!). Fine on pvc wires/electrics...just wipe the rubber clean
It'll definately pay for itself though....many times over
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this?   Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:10 am

I just got oversparay on rubber bits, as i say the spray is fine and easy to direct, off course avoiding brakes and exhaust (it stinks!), and not directly spraying engine, gearbox or leccy connections.
Back to top Go down
ac

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Lincolnshire uk
Model and year : Imported Hiace Super Custom , Living Saloon, 30L turbo D.... 1994 short wheel base , Auto, and running on an M numberplate, and gold colour
Registration date : 2010-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this?   Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:50 pm

nice one many thanks guys ,, much appreciated,,,

peace ac
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this?   Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waxoil: What prep work should be done for this?
Page 1 of 1