Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Twoesme

Number of posts : 12
Home City : caerphilly south wales uk
Registration date : 2010-04-01

help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts) Empty
PostSubject: help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts)   help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:17 pm

1st is the heaters ,i ve toped up the rad ,the water seems hot in the pipes to touch,the engine running at middle temp ,but the heaters only come hot now and again ,not constant on the dails

2nd rev counter ,when i start the engine the rev counter lifts and works sweet,i can rev it up and it warks sweet but after a min or so it just drops back down as if the engine is not started ,checked some fuses under the heaters and a few regulators but after a good wd40 its still the same,dont know how it works ?

3 rd were is the bloody altinator so i can tighten up the fan belts ?

its a 1991 2lt td auto
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts)   help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:02 pm

I'm guessing its not been used a while?
Anyway...alternator...front offside wheel arch....look through / lift the rubber at the side of the engine bay and you will see a 10mm bolt that adjusts the alternator swing.
Basically...its under your backside.

Rpm meter...the only time that happened to me was due to condensation / moisture behind the dash...it sorted itself out eventually

Heaters...all you can do is check the heater valves....though it sounds like it may be holding a lot of air...front valve sort of visible through the front grill.......rear valve..follow the pipes under the van / offside below the side heater matrix rear switch...unless I'm misunderstanding and you are talking about the heater motors/blowers
Back to top Go down
Twoesme

PostSubject: Re: help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts)   help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:19 pm

yes its got moss in the window rubbers so yore on the monney its been standing a while ,thanks for the advice mate ,yes the heater blowers are cold then hot .

these valves let the air out yes?
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts)   help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:27 am

No, the valves just regulate the coolant flow to the heater matrixes.
To get air out open the heater valves, clamp the expansion tube and run for 1/2hr with the coolant filler cap off...if you can raise the head of the filler, so much the better...rev it now and then to jolt/shock any trapped bubbles round
Back to top Go down
Twoesme

PostSubject: Re: help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts)   help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:56 am

cheers my friend i,ll do it 1st thing 2moz
Back to top Go down
entwistlea
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
entwistlea

Number of posts : 324
Home City : Sandhurst, UK
Model and year : 1996 Super Custom Ltd. 3.0 TDI EFI
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts)   help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:48 pm

think Chris is on the money here
Back to top Go down
http://www.hpi.co.uk
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts)   help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:52 am

I always run both heaters on high when filling the radiators from scratch just to make sure any air in heater cores gets purged. Just another way of saying what Chris said ..
Back to top Go down
Twoesme

PostSubject: Re: help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts)   help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:50 am

update'''@ it was a night mare to get at the bolt to adjust the altanator,mine was a 14 mill,now the bloody powerstearing belts are loose and i cant see them agjusters either.
we have decided to turn her into a 2 berth camper,i put £35 of diesel in it and done 329 miles untill the red light came back on so thats pritty good around 40-45 i think mpg
the bottom is solid and i,m gong to oil spray it today all underneath,i couldnt get at the power belts so i sprayd them with anti squeel belt spray i bought off ebay and its done the trick.
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts)   help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:07 pm

You need to unbolt the drivers seat, peel back the carpet and remove the panel under it to get better access to the belts...if you have a cordless drill to unwind the bolts (14mm I think) its only a 5 minute job after you've done it once.
I used the anti belt slip spray once....took it off the next day with meths Rolling Eyes

Working in the engine bay is the only time you miss a bonnet! lol!
Back to top Go down
Twoesme

PostSubject: Re: help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts)   help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:20 pm

all the gears leves seems bolted to the pannel though ! mines auto like
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts)   help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help 1991 2ltr td auto (heaters cold/revs/fan belts)
Page 1 of 1