Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

tracking settings ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jimsmim
Been here a while
Been here a while
jimsmim

Number of posts : 188
Home City : paisley
Model and year : VW TRANSPORTER T5 LWB poptop camper
Registration date : 2007-11-17

tracking settings ? Empty
PostSubject: tracking settings ?   tracking settings ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:08 pm

I posted this a while back but got no joy ...... just wondering if anyone had found the tracking settings for the 4wheel drive hiace yet.... theres been several mentions of manuals over the last few months could anyone who has one have a look and see if the tracking settings are in it...cheers... (dont know if they call it tracking down under...so maybe wheel alignment or such)... Laughing
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: tracking settings ?   tracking settings ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:53 pm

I can't answer apart from the +/- 1 deg toe in?...as on the townaces. Clive may know.
An interesting thing to do is use one of these cheap laser shooting levels....park straight ahead with good distance in front (ie: 100mtr)...hold or mount the laser to each wheel in turn.
I did this and it confirmed the tyre wear I was getting on the front nearside...
Having said that there is this sheet on the defunct site if it helps any...

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/YPeYS5pEUc3ZoJT-bhxXJV1T-_FY-rDZfs2MoxBe9ux0WLkvEYrNXPkJ4PuVlcZifXtCq3CjFCM1CT7p45Z8Xw/service_data1.jpg
Back to top Go down
TSN.OOZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
TSN.OOZ

Number of posts : 106
Home City : East Corrimal
Model and year : '95 Super Custom Limited AWD 3L TD
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: tracking settings ?   tracking settings ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:57 am

Yeah wheel alignment in OZ
Just got mine done...$40=BIG ride DIFFERENCE!!!
Sorry,I'm no help really! Rolling Eyes

FYI, They said that the diff is out so I need to make sure I rotate
Left to right every 5K and
Front to Rear every 10K to get the most out of the tyres.

It's a Common Factory fault apparently.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: tracking settings ?   tracking settings ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:13 am

The diff is out?? what do they mean by that? It sounds a bit weird to me Suspect
I thought only cause of uneven tyre wear was from the road camber, the majority of left hand turns and or poor wheel alignment.Shocked
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: tracking settings ?   tracking settings ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Diff out......its only the rubber bushed tie bars / trailing arms hold the thing on!
Couple of years back I had a sporadic jamming rear brake....pretty disturbing watching just how much the rear wheel would move laterally in the rear arch.
Its certainly a good case for always replacing bushes in pairs to keep the rear diff mounted true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tracking settings ?   tracking settings ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tracking settings ?
Page 1 of 1