Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!

Go down 
+7
ridgelineadventures
TSN.OOZ
Admin
entwistlea
maximus
Clive
VOZZA
11 posters
AuthorMessage
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Number of posts : 150
Home City : SYDNEY
Model and year : 99 LIMITED 2000 UPDATE
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Empty
PostSubject: Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!   Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:26 pm

Yeah pretty stupid i know but i was rushing and using one of those foaming brushes when i hit the front windscreen washer nozzle thing on the pasanger side and snapped it right off. Any ideas on how to get to it without pulling out the whole dash? as i've just put it back in after head unit change. I've just been pretending it didn't happen coz i'm angry at myself. The drivers side stopped working also so i cant ignore it anymore. Yes i know i shoud be washing her at home lovingly with autoglym not at some car wash with a rough brush.... Any help would be great although im not sure anyone has been this stupid before.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!   Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:41 am

You will need to remove the dash I think, but it may be possible if you just remove the glove box and have bendy arms?
The water will take the easy way out so it is likely to be raining behind your dash!
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!   Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:18 am

He he bendy arms.Clive you must know mr tickle if youve had someone work behind the dash.I think you should have added thin to the bendy.Could try an illegal immigrant,they work for nowt and can get anywhere.Only problem is you probably wouldnt get em out.
Back to top Go down
entwistlea
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
entwistlea

Number of posts : 324
Home City : Sandhurst, UK
Model and year : 1996 Super Custom Ltd. 3.0 TDI EFI
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!   Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:03 pm

no way to get to it if you remove the headlamps and grill?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hpi.co.uk
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!   Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:46 pm

me and auto car washes dont mix anymore (since the whole reversing mirror episode) Sad
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Number of posts : 150
Home City : SYDNEY
Model and year : 99 LIMITED 2000 UPDATE
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!   Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:26 pm

oh crap, its bucketing down in sydney these last few days, i better get on to it. Thanks for your replys guys, will keep you posted on the situation. My problem is that my arms are niether bendy nor skinny, may have to take on my 6 year old daughter as an apprentice.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!   Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:50 pm

No way from the headlights, front panel welded to headlight socket/recess panel, and still a long way up from there.
Back to top Go down
TSN.OOZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
TSN.OOZ

Number of posts : 106
Home City : East Corrimal
Model and year : '95 Super Custom Limited AWD 3L TD
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!   Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:22 am

Ahhh...! Slave labor!
Get her in and out VOZZA so the unions don't come looking for ya! Razz
Back to top Go down
ridgelineadventures

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Wanaka, New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Had same problem myself   Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:31 am

Hi there
I had the same issue and managed to get get a piece of wire and drop down hole and hooked the hose that way then slowly pulled it back through, problem solved!!
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!   Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:00 am

sorry but you have to remove the dash as they have a push on steel clip ,bit like the old barrel lock clips only smaller. you just cant get to them from behind.
In the front end smashes we usually drill out the spot welds to remove the front panel and never forget to put in the w/screen washers first before welding the new panel on.
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!   Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Looks like we have to add a mig, tig and plasma cutter to the home garage Sad  or have a few head on prangs to get the insurance to pay for washer fixes....
Back to top Go down
Gone Diving

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!   Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Yep it's a bit of a ***$3! my wife managed to snap the driver side water jet off when hitting a school girl just randomly crossing the road texting on her mobile. Put a small dent in the front panel. The girl had a broken arm and bruising good job it's a flat fronted car.
Anyway took the dash out just no way could I get to it or find the clip. Mr Tickle was not available for hire! So with a wire managed to get the water tube through the bodywork hole, and then using NO NAILS very carefully stuck the plastic front seating plate on then the water jet on that. It’s lasted over a year now and still attached.
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!   Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 2:32 pm

Washer jets blocked is an MOT failure, no way can you reach the pipes etc from the back , my solution use a 75mm hole cutter just below the jets to reach the release clips easy . Then use some acrylic discs glued in place to seal the holes job done .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!   Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snapped off my washer thingo at the cars wash...Help!!
Page 1 of 1