Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How are ppl able to put big tyres on ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
m898

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Perth
Model and year : 1996 Super Custom
Registration date : 2009-07-04

How are ppl able to put big tyres on ? Empty
PostSubject: How are ppl able to put big tyres on ?   How are ppl able to put big tyres on ? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:47 pm

I am wondering how people are able to put large rims and tyres on their Super Customs without encountering issues like wheel rub when turning lock to lock ?

I went to the tyre shop today to put on 17x8" rims (off Ford Terriroty) and 235/45/R17 tyres as per Robbo of Sydney and they rubbed against the inner body when the tyre fitter turned the front wheels lock to lock.

I simply couldn't do it and don't know how others have.

Are people using spacers ?

In the end i had to settle for some 15" rims and 235/60/R15 tyres.

I was crushed
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

How are ppl able to put big tyres on ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How are ppl able to put big tyres on ?   How are ppl able to put big tyres on ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:47 am

I ran 18's with no dramas, it's all in the offset. I now run 18" Lexus mags which on full lock just catch the inner guard, but because the turning circle of a Super Cusrom is so good I live with it.
Can't recommend spacers as they put greater pressure on the studs. However saying that i had to fit longer High Tensile Steel studs to fit my original wheels. I think you may find that the Territory offset is not as suitable as the pre AU Falcon offset.
Regards
Rex
Back to top Go down
http://www.werx.net.au

How are ppl able to put big tyres on ?
Page 1 of 1