Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi from a new member.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Hi from a new member. Empty
PostSubject: Hi from a new member.   Hi from a new member. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:25 pm

Hi Clive here, just moving up from a Townace to a 94 Super Custom (Limited?).

I'm a memebr of the Toyota estima owners club and have organised camping weekends if you are interested I can post links.

Some of you have been to one at Brean, as I knew Room101 and
Jason, don't know if they are on here still?
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member.   Hi from a new member. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 8:30 am

New myself to this forum but welcome. I've been with a Toyota or Mack for 50 years or so bred into it so to speak..
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member.   Hi from a new member. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:16 am

Collect mine tomorrow so expect loads of questions.

Have had a Toyota for 15 years Spacecruiser (us Toyota Van, Aus Tarago) and Townace. Let's hope I'm as happy with the Hiace.
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 140
Home City : S Bucks
Model and year : 1990 2.4 TD 2wd Ltd
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member.   Hi from a new member. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 3:35 pm

Hi Clive, and welcome, you'll be happy here. I'm sure you'll love the extra room & luxury, plus of course the awesome gizmos ( the HIACE, not the website ). Remember to visit the BOK once in a while...... Cool
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member.   Hi from a new member. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:25 pm

I'll be there no worries.

My Royal Lounge interior Townace is luxury, has hot/cool box and ice making etc., just after the big engine
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member.   Hi from a new member. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:25 pm

HI fellow Bristolian.. I was at a recent Brean meet and the organisation was brill.

I was hoping to try and be a bit more central for the first meet to help everyone with the travelling. (Maybe Oxford type of direction)

I hope the forums prove useful to you.
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member.   Hi from a new member. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:32 pm

I just live in Bristol, I'm a London boy.

If it is ok with you guys I will let you know of the meets around the country, all wecome. Sometimes we meet up with the Bongos, more the merrier.

Collected it today, Ebay bargain sight unseen, did not realise it had a digital dash!
300kms later and I just want to drive some more.
Everything other than the retracting door mirrors works, curtain rails need a clean I think.
Moving seat and steering wheel is also a bit weird.
Thinking that as it is a 70 litre tank and there are 10 squares on the fuel guage each one must be 7 litres, am I right? Only 2 gone out for 300KMs so must be somewhere between 7 and 10 litres per 100KMs Better than my Townace!

No lights on buzzer, is one fitted?
What does the Auto in the light switch do?
Does the rear wipe squirt and wipe together as I can only get it to squirt and wipe on different positions?
Can get the Joyful mic to make feedback but other than that nothing - will be having the radio out so I may find the answer there?

A few minor rust spots and chips to treat and then my son will respray it for me.

More questions tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member.   Hi from a new member. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 4:32 am

Clive wrote:

Collected it today, Ebay bargain sight unseen, did not realise it had a digital dash!
300kms later and I just want to drive some more.

Pretty comfortable ride hey Smile

Everything other than the retracting door mirrors works, curtain rails need a clean I think.
Moving seat and steering wheel is also a bit weird.
Thinking that as it is a 70 litre tank and there are 10 squares on the fuel guage each one must be 7 litres, am I right? Only 2 gone out for 300KMs so must be somewhere between 7 and 10 litres per 100KMs Better than my Townace!

Must have a gentle right foot I get more like 7ks to the litre but dont care Very Happy

No lights on buzzer, is one fitted?

There is on ours if you open the door with the lights left on

What does the Auto in the light switch do?

I asume that seeing there are sensors on both sides of the dash down low in front that the lights turn on in auto mode when it gets dark. Will try on day

Does the rear wipe squirt and wipe together as I can only get it to squirt and wipe on different positions?

Not tried I don't use the back wiper as the accumulated dust scratches the glass. Don't use the front one either unless necessary for same reason

Can get the Joyful mic to make feedback but other than that nothing - will be having the radio out so I may find the answer there?

Have you tried with someone in the back seat. Ours works a treat

A few minor rust spots and chips to treat and then my son will respray it for me.

More questions tomorrow!

[b]Enjoy
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member.   Hi from a new member. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:41 pm

Hay I've been trying to get someone in the back seat for years! Will try it though.
Lights on buzzer no.
Rear wash wipe sorted, there are two positions for the washer squirt.
Gentel right foot, not today been playing with ECT, TEMS soft and Sport mode and just seeing how fast it goes!

Oh and what a stupid place to hide the washer filler for the front!
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member.   Hi from a new member. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:16 pm

Joyful mike works.

Replaced antique radio with a Sony one with multi changer.

Sorted out fog lights and additional lights all working now.

Found engine and battery, assume air filter is the other side under a hatch? I'll be that way tomorrow fixing in the autochanger.

Appears to have had a recent new head, not sure if that puts my mind at ease or not.

Investigate clunk from front offside (once it gets dry enough).

Timing belt before Christmas, wheel refurb and 2 new tyres then onto the body work.
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member.   Hi from a new member. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:46 am

Air cleaner behind drivers side front wheel, tho I'm sure you've found it by now. Get at it from underneath. Been busy you have Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from a new member.   Hi from a new member. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from a new member.
Page 1 of 1