Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

speed alert wont turn off.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stophs

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-02

speed alert wont turn off. Empty
PostSubject: speed alert wont turn off.   speed alert wont turn off. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 2:36 am

hey guys i've got a 1988 supercustom, i love it, tho its got a speed alert that starts beeping when the van gets to 105km, im not sure how to turn it off & i dont have a manual for the van... does anyone know how to turn it off?
cheers, chris.
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 140
Home City : S Bucks
Model and year : 1990 2.4 TD 2wd Ltd
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: speed alert wont turn off.   speed alert wont turn off. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:18 pm

Have a look on 'Board Of Knowledge :: Index' - the Townace owners' how-to-fix-it site. I'm sure they have a solution! Smile
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: speed alert wont turn off.   speed alert wont turn off. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 1:36 pm

If you have not found it, remove the dash and you will find the dinger fixed to the back of the instruments, simply un screw and remove making sure you tighten the screws back up.
Back to top Go down
millab

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: speed alert wont turn off.   speed alert wont turn off. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:25 am

That was my first mod when i got my van. Pulled out the dash, took off the chime and smashed it with a hammer so it could never work again! It would ding at 104 km/h and we have 110 km/h zones in Australia. Very annoying on a long trip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: speed alert wont turn off.   speed alert wont turn off. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

speed alert wont turn off.
Page 1 of 1