Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE

Go down 
+2
zoochy
mr freeze
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE Empty
PostSubject: CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE   CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:52 am

Has anyone ever fitted the CAV type fuel filter to a 1kz-te before, I want to fit one but the guy that sells them said not a good idea because it is an EFI engine.
The CAV is 5.5 micron rating , does anyone know what the standard Toyota fuel filter micron rating is.
I had a 120 series prado a few months ago that stopped on me because the fuel filter blocked up and the warning buzzer never went off , so thats why I want to fit the CAV filter to my scv so I can see any crap in the glass bowl and replacement filters are only $5 oposed to $50 from toyota
By the way I sold my 2003 Prado Diesel and have upgraded to a 1998 Super custom 4X4 that would blow the pants off the Australian Prado , no comparison at all.
Should have it in a couple of days , it is getting complied now.
Thanks fellas !!! Suspect cheers
Back to top Go down
zoochy
Been here a while
Been here a while
zoochy

Home City : Tropical Canada
Model and year : LH107G 1991
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE   CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:26 pm

That is really odd. Did the guy mention why it was not a good idea? A filter is a filter.

I belive toyota spec is 10 micron.
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE   CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:41 am

Made a few more enquires and all the injection pump guys say the same thing, CAV is 5.5 micron and I think Toyota about 2 micron ( still can't find out exactly)
They say CAV filter should not be used on any electronic fuel injecetd diesel, so I guess I'll have to stick with the expensive genuine Toyota filter
Still doing more homework when I get time to see if I can get 2 micron cartrige for CAV type filter
See You !!!
Back to top Go down
zoochy
Been here a while
Been here a while
zoochy

Home City : Tropical Canada
Model and year : LH107G 1991
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE   CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:25 pm

What is your filter part #? I'm curious to know if it is the same as the 3L engine.
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE   CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:22 am

Hi , sory I cant tell you as I have'nt got the van as yet , should have it towards the end of this week or next week as it is getting complied for rego.
I'm just in the process of gatthering info on these filters as I want to go a different parth from when I owned the Prado 1KZ-TE that was expensive to change filters and you cant see any dirt unless you unscrew the thing which is a pain in the ********[/img]
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE   CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:46 am

Hey tritrade RYCO make filters for these... should be able to pick one up down at repco... if your anywhere near artarmon go there those guys are pretty good.

In the UK I use ALCO branded ones but they look like ryco... rofl they probably just renamed them in aus.
Back to top Go down
Dwayne
Not so new now
Not so new now
Dwayne

Number of posts : 21
Model and year : 1995 KZH106G

Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE   CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:24 pm

Guys, IMHO dont muck around putting in 'other' brand filters.
You want to look after your baby right?
Just use the genuine Toyota ones...you cant go wrong....
They may be more expensive but trust me when I say you'll feel a lot more at ease with the genuine parts in.
Back to top Go down
want33s
Not so new now
Not so new now
want33s

Number of posts : 76
Home City : Sunshine Coast. Queensland Australia
Model and year : LH107... 1989 4x4
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE   CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:11 pm

tritrade wrote:

I had a 120 series prado a few months ago that stopped on me because the fuel filter blocked up and the warning buzzer never went off....
The alarm on the filter isn't for dirt..It doesn't tell you when the filter is clogged... It's a float switch that rises when water accumulates in the bottom of the filter.

Jas.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE   CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:57 pm

want33s wrote:
tritrade wrote:

I had a 120 series prado a few months ago that stopped on me because the fuel filter blocked up and the warning buzzer never went off....
The alarm on the filter isn't for dirt..It doesn't tell you when the filter is clogged... It's a float switch that rises when water accumulates in the bottom of the filter.

Jas.

Correct. I had this warning light come on in mine (97 3.0 litre SC). There is also a drain tap in the bottom of the filter for a quick way to get rid of the warning.

I drained mine and put it back, just to get rid of the danger quickly, then checked the tank which was ok. There is a tank drain plug.
I ended up getting a Ryco filter for it. They are as good as OE and in Australia, many cars have re-branded Ryco filters as OE Wink .

I also use a Ryco filter for the oil. Just use the equivalent Prado year model with same engine to get these parts. I also use "Diesel Power" fuel additive in the tank now. It's supposed to be the best one and reputedly will absorb water so it can be consumed in the fuel charge, rather than building up in the filter and tank..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE   CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAV Type Fuel Filter 1KZ-TE
Page 1 of 1