Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

O/D Off light flashing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalVelo

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Texas
Registration date : 2020-02-17

O/D Off light flashing Empty
PostSubject: O/D Off light flashing   O/D Off light flashing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 4:17 pm

Hey Y'all, I own a 1994 Toyota Hiace Super Custom Living Saloon with a 1kzte diesel engine. Right after replacing the 3 A/C alternator belts the O/D Off dash light started flashing after a few minutes of driving. I'm not sure if the belts could have anything to do with it, it just happened at the same time. The flashing will stop if you turn the O/D off and the light will just stay on steady. It is just a steady on/off flashing of about a second or so the entire time I'm driving it.
There doesn't seem to be any shifting issues, it shifts between gears well and still goes highway speed no problem. I've heard it can be a relay but I don't know where to look for that. Seeing if anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

O/D Off light flashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: O/D Off light flashing   O/D Off light flashing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 6:31 pm

Hello MetalVelo and welcome to the forum

I can’t help you directly as I don’t have an auto, but I expect someone on here will have experienced similar symptoms and have options.

When you’ve been advised about a relay, I’m presuming this relates to selector relays within the auto transmission.

These are complicated and a good example of a description is here:

This is just for info.

It might be (hopefully is) that there are also some typical electric switching relays that are operated as part of the auto transmission system and how it is selected in the cabin. I would expect these to be covered in the wiring diagrams that are on Hiacesouthest or part of the electrical system pages of the Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC).

If you want to get full links to these and some other, hopefully useful, sites, do take a look at the longish first post in my show us your section. It also explains a few complications with the Toyota parts numbering system. The wiring diagram on Hiacesouthest is the best I've come across, but it might not ne bob-on for your van.

I think many glitches with an auto box can be helped with fresh fluid (and correct level) and possibly a new filter, too. How’s the fluid in yours?

Hope this all helps!
Back to top Go down

O/D Off light flashing
Page 1 of 1