Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suspension swap or fix LH123

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ThoranX

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Seattle, WA
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom
Complectation: LH123V-ERPDS
Production Period: 08.1989 - 08.1998
Body: V1
Grade: DX
Options: 4FC HRF 4D SG 06S 1000K DSL 2WD
Registration date : 2023-11-09
Registration date : 2023-11-09

Suspension swap or fix LH123 Empty
PostSubject: Suspension swap or fix LH123   Suspension swap or fix LH123 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 5:53 pm

I find the bumps and ride quality pretty bad on my 93 Hiace 2WD with SLWB and High Roof. Located in Washington State. Is the Vanlife NW kit the best option? It says their camper springs are only available for 4WD models. A little more lift would be nice, but not essential. I have not worked with suspension before so any tips are appreciated!
Suspension swap or fix LH123 20240310
Suspension swap or fix LH123 20240311
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 282
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Suspension swap or fix LH123   Suspension swap or fix LH123 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2024 3:04 pm

Are the rear springs coil on trailing arm - or are they leaf springs? On my 2WD 2001, they're trailing arm - which differs from the 4WD. That may be why?
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Suspension swap or fix LH123   Suspension swap or fix LH123 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2024 10:40 pm

Hello ThoranX.

Just a quick observation that the top mount on the damper / shock absorber in the picture looks well past its best. It might be there is now slop in the top area?

The top ‘pin’ mount is also in my experience in generally better condition than the lower ‘eye’. The mounts at the back might be different but I’d still expect the bottom mounts to be worse than the tops. The top mounts are ‘sprung’ while the bottom mounts are ‘unsprung’ and subject to bigger loadings as a result.

You might also want to check the rest of the suspension including the sway bar(s) (anti-roll bar(s)). The rubber parts on the end of my front anti-roll bar were completely shot. These parts are cheap. Get the van’s wheels off the ground and get your prybar out.

If everything in the suspension is fine also check the shocks. Good shocks won’t fix slop in suspension.

HTH!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suspension swap or fix LH123   Suspension swap or fix LH123 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suspension swap or fix LH123
Page 1 of 1