Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Future owner here

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AnthonyF311

AnthonyF311

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Las Cruces, New Mexico
Registration date : 2024-03-16

Future owner here Empty
PostSubject: Future owner here   Future owner here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 3:31 am

Hey, guys! Just signed up today after purchasing a HiAce at auction and now the wait begins. I'm coming from a 1997 Toyota Celsior and before that a 2020 Mercedes S-Class. After the Celsior, I'll never buy another new car..

The HiAce I purchased at auction is a 1997 Super Custom G, grade 4 with just under 120km. Now my question is how does the Super Custom G differ from the Limited?
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Future owner here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future owner here   Future owner here Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 2:36 pm

Hello AnthonyF311 and welcome to the forum.

I can’t really answer your question as I don’t have either Super Custom or a Limited. While this is called a Super Custom forum, I think it’s for all Hiaces and there are people on here who have vehicles from the 60 and 70 models (<~1989), the 100 (89 to 06) and newer. My van is a Custom model, which I presume is a lower trim level than the Super Custom but as it’s a camper it’s all relative. I also don’t know the specifics of the Super Custom G.

I did watch this YT:

a while ago that describes a Limited and a SC G, maybe take a look?

It might also matter which market the van was made for, be it JDM or possibly built for export to Australia, the Gulf or elsewhere. As they say, 'your mileage may vary'.

Hopefully your van will come with a wealth of detailed paperwork and when it arrives, do consider posting some details in the Show Us Yours section here. It’s fun to see what people get.

You might like to take a look at the longish first post in my Show Us yours Section as there I have put some details about my van, but also brought together most of the online resources and links and I can find that are general to the H100 series of vehicles.

Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 279
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

Future owner here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future owner here   Future owner here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 8:21 pm

Hi - generally, the limited had more 'toys' but a lot were options anyway. The main things I believe is that the limited has a first set of passenger seats that were a pair of captain chairs - whereas the G and all others had a more plain single and double arrangement - so three seats across. Also, I think the limited had more speakers throughout the rear - and an additional amp to power them. Possibly the digital dash on the earlier models too.

I daresay the limited had a lot of the optional toys as standard too - power curtains, coffee maker, coolbox etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Future owner here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future owner here   Future owner here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future owner here
Page 1 of 1