Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any Oz members managed to import a 90s Hiace from Japan?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aces_high
Aces_high

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Tonbridge
Model and year : LH119V-RRPES selectable 4x4, 1992
Registration date : 2021-08-26

Any Oz members managed to import a 90s Hiace from Japan? Empty
PostSubject: Any Oz members managed to import a 90s Hiace from Japan?   Any Oz members managed to import a 90s Hiace from Japan? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2024 3:19 pm

Hi all. Been looking into taking my LH119 with me to Australia when we move there later this year.

Keep reading that Oz is now super strict on asbestos in imported vehicles? Anyone gone down this route and run into difficulties (asbestos or otherwise)?

I’m aware there are plenty of Hiaces knocking around Australia so it may not be worth the effort to import the van. But I thought I’d check.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Moonroofed
Moonroofed

Number of posts : 17
Home City : Melbourne
Model and year : 1995 1kz-te
Registration date : 2023-11-04

Any Oz members managed to import a 90s Hiace from Japan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Oz members managed to import a 90s Hiace from Japan?   Any Oz members managed to import a 90s Hiace from Japan? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 9:36 pm

It still happens. My understanding is recently the govt made it harder to import them as vans/people movers but there is a work around importing them as campers. I scan marketplace/carsales/gumtree every morning and I have seen recently imported ones pop up
Back to top Go down

Any Oz members managed to import a 90s Hiace from Japan?
Page 1 of 1