Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1991 hiace temp gauge issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rayparkes

Number of posts : 1
Home City : canberra
Registration date : 2024-02-21

1991 hiace temp gauge issues Empty
PostSubject: 1991 hiace temp gauge issues   1991 hiace temp gauge issues Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2024 1:00 am

Hi all, as stated I'm having issues with my temp sensor on my 1991 Toyota HiAce. 2rz 125R . after 5 or so minutes off the engine running (as soon as the coolant warms up) my temp gauge climbs all the way to the top. I grounded the wire to metal and it jumped up to the top I thought okay, I will just get a new sensor. New sensor in same thing is happening.

I thought maybe a short circuit , I pulled put the instrument cluster and tested for continuity on the circuit with an ohmmeter, there's continuity.

Now I'm wondering a few things, do I test if the gauge itself is functional, if so how? I've already tested all the circuits in relation to the operation off the gauge Or should I just assume its broken and get a new instrument cluster/aftermarket gauge. There's no obvious erosion or anything that clearly looks wrong with the back off the instrument cluster.
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 277
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

1991 hiace temp gauge issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1991 hiace temp gauge issues   1991 hiace temp gauge issues Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2024 12:16 pm

Hi - stating the obvious - but are you sure the engine isn't overheating?

Here's the resistance values for the sender and the gauge from the manual. That may help identify if it's the gauge or the sender.

1991 hiace temp gauge issues Screen20
Back to top Go down

1991 hiace temp gauge issues
Page 1 of 1