Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Injector pump need mechanic.

Go down 
+4
mayniac
milkman
Pete_nz
JT69
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Laeljon
Laeljon

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Taos
Registration date : 2023-07-09

Injector pump need mechanic. Empty
PostSubject: Injector pump need mechanic.   Injector pump need mechanic. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2024 5:28 pm

HELP! Traveling and 96' Hiace 3.0 turbo won't start. Not getting fuel, tank half full. Tried starter fluid in Air Filter intake, just knocks, almost, but no go. Small leak on top of injector pump around electrical connector. Need non-bias mechanic in Phoenix, Arizona area.

Thanks,
Laeljon
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Injector pump need mechanic.   Injector pump need mechanic. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2024 9:17 am

Hope you find a mechanic otherwise we can help have had all these problems.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Injector pump need mechanic.   Injector pump need mechanic. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2024 11:47 am

The seal for that connector on the pump is a common failure in these. If you can buy the seal you can fix it yourself. Tricky when travelling.
There are instructions on the web on how to unscrew it. The trick is to prevent the connector from rotating using a spanner, as you unscrew the nut. If you turn the whole thing you will break the internal wires.
Back to top Go down
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

Number of posts : 129
Home City : london
Model and year : LH113V 1992 Composer
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Injector pump need mechanic.   Injector pump need mechanic. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2024 3:20 pm

Laeljon wrote:
HELP! Traveling and 96' Hiace 3.0 turbo won't start. Not getting fuel, tank half full. Tried starter fluid in Air Filter intake, just knocks, almost, but no go. Small leak on top of injector pump around electrical connector. Need non-bias mechanic in Phoenix, Arizona area.

Thanks,
Laeljon

Also worth checking the connection at the tank. We had a fault there and it was sucking air in instead of fuel

LH119V likes this post

Back to top Go down
mayniac

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Mayne Island BC Canada
Registration date : 2022-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Injector pump need mechanic.   Injector pump need mechanic. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:12 pm

If you haven’t already, join the Facebook group Highace Owners North America. Ask for help there , it’s a really great resource. You should be able to find a mechanic or member to help you. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Bluheheron
Bluheheron

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Traverse City, Michigan
Model and year : 96' KZH116
Registration date : 2021-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Injector pump need mechanic.   Injector pump need mechanic. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:30 pm

Currently having my injector pump rebuilt in Phoenix Arizona. Same year as your rig. My issue was electrical, not mechanical. As it started failing, I found turning the key back and forth from off to accessory a dozen or so times would SOMETIMES get the pump to operate. Do you get a check engine light in the accessory position? I found this to be my key indicator that the pump was not behaving.

Also worth checking the breather valve on the tank.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Injector pump need mechanic.   Injector pump need mechanic. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 10:29 pm

Feel your pain Laeljon!

While I don’t dismiss any of the signs you’ve identified in the first post, including small leak on top of injector pump it’s somewhat wise to remember that the whole of the fuel feed system draws fuel under suction or slightly negative pressure from the tank. Therefore any hole or failure tends to draw air into the system rather than drawing fuel from the tank.

As Bluheheron also mentions the tank breather is also an important part of the pressure equalisation. I used to get the whoosh air rush into the tank when refuelling but there are several places that can fail on drawing fuel from the tank.

This can be as simple as the o ring on the fuel filter, a blocked fuel pickup in the tank, problems with the tank fexible hoses or a union that needs nipping up.

The injector pump would not be where I’d start.

When cranking and after loosening the pump to injector pipes, do you get fuel at them all? Is the system and the pump primed? I had a problem with the filter priming pump also where after running the system would completely lose diesel and the van wouldn’t run until re-primed.

I hope some of this info is helpful and best of endeavours!
Back to top Go down
willyw
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 21
Home City : Sunshine Coast
Registration date : 2014-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Injector pump need mechanic.   Injector pump need mechanic. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 12:21 am

The fuel shut - off valve is operated by a relay.
That relay is controlled by the ECU.
Sometimes the ECU develops leaking capacitors which can affect all manner of things including your problem and other problems like shifting issues on automatics.

What to do:

Locate fuel shut off solenoid....apply voltage...does it operate now?
Back to top Go down
Laeljon
Laeljon

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Taos
Registration date : 2023-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Injector pump need mechanic.   Injector pump need mechanic. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2024 3:00 pm

Refurbished ECU took care of everything, Thanks for all the responce. Anyone have a source for CV Joints in USA?

willyw likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injector pump need mechanic.   Injector pump need mechanic. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Injector pump need mechanic.
Page 1 of 1