Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

QUickest way to get new rear exhaust fitted (UK)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
parxuk
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2021-05-03

QUickest way to get new rear exhaust fitted (UK) Empty
PostSubject: QUickest way to get new rear exhaust fitted (UK)   QUickest way to get new rear exhaust fitted (UK) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2023 5:14 pm

My 1993 2.8 LH119 decided to shed the rear exhaust section at 8pm last night just as I was about to start a 3 hour long journey back from Alton Towers to Bristol. Mr RAC came and disconnected it to stop it dragging on the floor, but WOW was it noisy on the drive home.

Fairly recently replaced the front section, so would just like to replace the corroded (and now missing) rear section.

Does anyone know of any high street type garages that can supply and fit this? I tried a local Formual One autocantre, but they said their ramp wouldnt be big enough.

I would usually steer clear of large chain type garages, but we need the camper fixed for a holiday in a few weeks, and I will be away from home with work between now and then and just need to take it somewhere to get sorted without any faff.

Thanks for any suggestions
Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

Number of posts : 155
Home City : UK
Model and year : 1993 Cruising Cabin, 4wd 3L engine.
Registration date : 2023-01-13

PostSubject: Re: QUickest way to get new rear exhaust fitted (UK)   QUickest way to get new rear exhaust fitted (UK) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2023 9:37 pm

The problem with the UK is that people don't seem to want to repair things unless they can get the part and do a direct swap. With something like an exhaust I would've thought that anything will do so long as it's long enough to stick out the back and fits without touching anything. People with their raced up cars stick all sorts of exhausts together and you could join them and go with a straight through cherry bomb but it will be noisy Shocked

If you went into kwik fit or somewhere like that, stuck your van up in the air and went through their stock you could come up with something that worked but will they want to do it ? That's the question, the computer will probably say no.

There are generic exhaust boxes and pipes that you can buy at places like this https://jetex.co.uk/ and sticking universal exhaust rear box into ebay will get results or maybe try Toyota, but I gave up hope with them a while back and they also annoyed me by refusing cash. With the parts in hand you've got a good chance of a better result when turning up somewhere and asking to have them fitted.

I am rapidly heading into the realm of if it doesn't have to be exactly the same then what else will do instead... Good luck !

ps. I've got the same van as you and would be very interested to know what you got to fit, just in case mine decides to give up on life too.
Back to top Go down
parxuk
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2021-05-03

PostSubject: Re: QUickest way to get new rear exhaust fitted (UK)   QUickest way to get new rear exhaust fitted (UK) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2023 10:24 pm

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you, but dont know enough about cars to try other things, so need to try and get a direct replacement.

Doing some research now, so will post back what I find out.

Thx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUickest way to get new rear exhaust fitted (UK)   QUickest way to get new rear exhaust fitted (UK) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUickest way to get new rear exhaust fitted (UK)
Page 1 of 1