Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED?

Go down 
+4
bladderwort
izzzzythedog
paul
boni
8 posters
AuthorMessage
boni

Number of posts : 3
Home City : london
Registration date : 2012-01-29

HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED? Empty
PostSubject: HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED?   HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:42 pm

hi everyone
just wondering if it's possible to have a tow bar fitted? if so, do you know where i can get one from?
i live in london uk.
thanks.
Back to top Go down
paul
paul

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Bridgwater
Model and year : 1995 Hiace Supercustom with factory cruise controll and front active air dam
Registration date : 2011-07-11

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED?   HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Yes I have had one fitted i got mine from towquippe a few years back it cost about £80 i think and i had a local garage fit it for me.I do have a second hiace i am selling soon and that also has a towbar fitted so they are available , if you cant find one i could possibly remove the one from the hiace i am selling and sell it to you.

Back to top Go down
izzzzythedog
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 69
Home City : midlands
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED?   HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:27 am

yep mines got 1 fitted , its not a hard job
Back to top Go down
bladderwort

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Cierp Gaud, Midi Pyrennes, France
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Super Custon EX 3litre Turbo automatic.
Twotone silver and gold
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED?   HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 7:21 am

Hi
If its not to late to reply, I had a tow bar fitted at Eurotow, Tideswell Rd, Eastbourne,tel 01323 737410 in Sept 2009 and it was all ok. It was a bit expensive though at £299 because I had all the electrics done for taking a caravan. plus warning signal to the dashboard!
Only one thing I found afterwards i needed to add an extra square plate (£10) to lift the normal tow ball a little higher.
Back to top Go down
miniwini

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Cambridge
Model and year : Toyota Hiace 1994 2.7 Diesel automatic Reimo Campervan
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: towbar   HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:00 pm

bladderwort wrote:
Hi
If its not to late to reply, I had a tow bar fitted at Eurotow, Tideswell Rd, Eastbourne,tel 01323 737410 in Sept 2009 and it was all ok. It was a bit expensive though at £299 because I had all the electrics done for taking a caravan. plus warning signal to the dashboard!
Only one thing I found afterwards i needed to add an extra square plate (£10) to lift the normal tow ball a little higher.

Poplar motors in Chesterfeild fitted a towbar and electrics to mine. I can reccomend them. Good job, competitve price and they know the vehicle.
hope this is not too late
happy campervanning
Back to top Go down
fhammer
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED?   HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 4:59 am

Does the standard Hiace towbar fit?

Mine's a 1994 super custom limited & I want to fit one too
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED?   HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:47 am

i believe so, if you are near a pedders shop they should be able to tell you
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED?   HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 4:24 am

Mine's booked in tomorrow to be fitted and my van is a 1994. I think they said that they were going to use a standard bar with some custom fitting. Hope all goes well.
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED?   HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:17 am

Two hours after I dropped the car off and $100 less than the original quote and my towbar's fitted, with electrics for a standard trailer, woohoo!! cheers

Will try & get some pics of the way it was mounted and post up when I get time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED?   HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A TOW BAR FITTED?
Page 1 of 1