Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where are the fuses? :)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ladyhiace

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Ireland
Registration date : 2023-04-04

Where are the fuses? :) Empty
PostSubject: Where are the fuses? :)   Where are the fuses? :) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 3:55 pm

Hello all,

I am trying to find out where (all?) the fuse boxes are. (I need to check why the passenger windwos switch is not working, i get V when i check with the multimeter though)

I have a Japanese import, 1982 super custom model.

I suspect they are somewhere under the dash? Would i need to take off the dashboard?

Thanks all!!
Wink
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Where are the fuses? :)   Where are the fuses? :) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 10:43 pm

Hello ‘ladyhiace’.

If the H70/80 etc that you have is not that different to the H100 (>’89 on) then the electrical manual from Hiacesoutheast is a great place to start.

On the H100s most of the fuses are on a couple of panels below the dash, to the left of the clutch pedal and forward of the gearstick. These are covered by two black plastic lids and the covers describe what the fuses do.

There are some fuses (and relays) inside the dash, but these are mostly for the HVAC.

I’ve had a look at some of the pictures I’ve previously taken of the fuse-holder covers and I don’t see anything that relates to electric windows (which I also have). This might mean the fuses are elsewhere or the electric windows are somewhat unfused (unlikely), or part of another circuit, perhaps wipers? Or ECU, which my van (a ’92 or ’93) doesn’t have; well not a proper one anyhow. Hopefully the Hiacesoutheast manual will help or someone else on here will know for certain.

You might like to take a look at the longish post on my show-us-yours post that covers various manuals, parts etc and links. It might be some use.

The other thing to consider is whether the switching or wiring has a fault. I’d be surprised if the two electric windows are on different fuses (but they might be). The window switches on the H100 are very well made and very robust. Generally the driver’s side gets more use but the switch(es) might need a good clean. There might also be a break in the wiring. The most likely place for this will be where if flexes in the door hinge, but it might have a fault in the motor contact. If the circuit draws current but the window doesn’t move (evident from a dip in headlight output when operating the switch) it might be the motor or winder mechanism needs attention.

@Merlin on here and FixerMerlin on YT did a video showing how to remove the door card. It’s not that difficult, but worth having some trim removal tools rather than screwdrivers.

HTH!!
Back to top Go down
ladyhiace

PostSubject: Re: Where are the fuses? :)   Where are the fuses? :) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2023 12:51 pm

Thank you!

My model is slightly different from what you describe (no gearstick, its a shift-thing on the left to the steering wheel). The drivers window is not electrical, only the passenger one, i have the doorcards already off and thats how I was able to test if there was even any voltage going through (which it is). I will continue to search and check the manuals, thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
ladyhiace

PostSubject: Re: Where are the fuses? :)   Where are the fuses? :) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2023 2:25 pm

UPDATE:

I kept investigating and dismantling the passenger window switch. When I stripped it down to its connection, I was able to get almost 12V when checking with the multimeter. When I manually engaged the switch, I can hear a click and then nothing, so I suspect it might be the electrical window motor itself.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are the fuses? :)   Where are the fuses? :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where are the fuses? :)
Page 1 of 1