Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lh107 3L tapping/ticking noise.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HiewaPrime88
HiewaPrime88

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Portland
Registration date : 2023-06-02

Lh107 3L tapping/ticking noise. Empty
PostSubject: Lh107 3L tapping/ticking noise.   Lh107 3L tapping/ticking noise. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2023 2:03 pm

I’ve been having a rough time trying to diagnose a noise problem coming from DS, near the alternator and exhaust manifold. Was wondering if anyone else has had the issue?

- The sounds doesn’t start until the engine is warm. And about 1,500-2000 rpm’s and over the tapping and clicking noise engages.

-Thought It’d be the rubber intake flex pipe because it was deteriorated but that’s a big NO. I’m not having any preformance. No smoke, smells and leaks. 1week ago

-recently rebuild the alternator (maybe belts need to be tensioned more?)(or bad bearing) 6 months ago.

- Just got doing the timing at 184,660 with all the gear, newer oil, and coolant, fuel filter. 6 months ago.

I can post a video. Thanks for reading. Good day from the 503.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Lh107 3L tapping/ticking noise.   Lh107 3L tapping/ticking noise. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2023 9:07 pm

Hello ‘HiewaPrime88’ and welcome to the forum.

I’ve not experienced this.

Do post a video if you’re able. There’s obviously a lot of ‘hot’ and ‘trying-to-stay-cool’ parts in that area such as the A/C compressor, heat shields, exhaust joints, transmission and vacuum pump / piping, so several options.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
HiewaPrime88
HiewaPrime88

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Portland
Registration date : 2023-06-02

PostSubject: Thanks for your reply.   Lh107 3L tapping/ticking noise. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2023 1:57 am

https://

vimeo.com/

Here’s a link that you can hopefully access.

I took a hard look and noticed a small hair-line crack on the EGR recirculation pipe that feds or connects into the exhaust manifold (well not completely verified) need to remove some stuff to know 110% .

Thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lh107 3L tapping/ticking noise.   Lh107 3L tapping/ticking noise. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lh107 3L tapping/ticking noise.
Page 1 of 1