Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lh107 4x4 actuator diaphragm

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Southwestsupertripper

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Sisters beach
Registration date : 2017-12-18

Lh107 4x4 actuator diaphragm  Empty
PostSubject: Lh107 4x4 actuator diaphragm    Lh107 4x4 actuator diaphragm  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 6:31 am

G'day guys, it seems my actuator that bolts onto the side of my transfer case isn't working,
Is there anyway I can test it ? I have unbolted the inspection plate and manually put it in 4x4 but it won't go in by itself.

Any experience or idea would be great. Cheers jobi
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Lh107 4x4 actuator diaphragm    Lh107 4x4 actuator diaphragm  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 9:50 am

It is actuated by the vacuum of the vacuum pump on the alternator.
So you would need to check if the vacuum is available on the actuator (that the tube doesn't have a problem).
Then check if the vacuum electric valves work. I think they should at least click, when engine is off and button is pressed (and key in ON position)

The vacuum source is easily broken when you place a 2wd vacuum pump or something like that.
That is what happened to my van, and I had to remove the right front seat, remove the panel under the seat, and then I could place a T connector to hook up the vacuum again.
Back to top Go down
Southwestsupertripper

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Sisters beach
Registration date : 2017-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Lh107 4x4 actuator diaphragm    Lh107 4x4 actuator diaphragm  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 10:10 pm

G'day ! Thanks for the reply, it seems I have good vacuum as the brake booster works fine ( the booster uses vacuum. Taking the van to the local mechanic tommorow to put some testing equipment on it and see what's going on. Cheers

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lh107 4x4 actuator diaphragm    Lh107 4x4 actuator diaphragm  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lh107 4x4 actuator diaphragm
Page 1 of 1