Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2004 Hiace LWB Propshaft advice Please!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DReynolds28

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Norfolk
Registration date : 2023-03-14

2004 Hiace LWB Propshaft advice Please! Empty
PostSubject: 2004 Hiace LWB Propshaft advice Please!   2004 Hiace LWB Propshaft advice Please! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:09 pm

Hi everyone, I’m new to the site and also new to owning a Toyota Hiace. I’ve just purchased a 2004 Toyota Hiace 300 GS 2.5 Diesel in Silver. Bought it with ‘no known faults’ but has just failed it’s MOT rather miserably and now at a dead end. It failed on numerous things like no brake lights! Broken headlight (didn’t realise) but most importantly and the one causing me the most grief is the front propshaft joint (where it enters the gearbox) has significant play, looks like it’s going to fall out. I can’t see how I could replace the joint by itself but if I can and someone can tell me how I’d be grateful but realistically it seems easier to change the front prop which I’m happy to do but I just can’t find one for a reasonable price. Im happy to pay £2-3-400 if necessary but the only quote I’ve had is almost £900 for the propshaft alone. Does anyone know where I can find out? New or used or if it’s do able how do I change the UJ? I’d be so so grateful for any help. I spent a lot on the van with the view of using it for work and now I can’t work full stop. Got 3 kids and my partner is getting quite upset with me. I’d appreciate any advice.
Thank you in advance and thank you for reading
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 277
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Hiace LWB Propshaft advice Please!   2004 Hiace LWB Propshaft advice Please! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 4:10 pm

Hi from Norfolk - but i'm not sure I can help. The forum is for the Hiace Super Custom, which is a Japanese import only version. I assume it's a rear-wheel drive like the super custom? Is the play in the universal joint - or is it the junction with the gearbox itself?
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Hiace LWB Propshaft advice Please!   2004 Hiace LWB Propshaft advice Please! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2023 10:17 am

Yes you can repair a prop shaft your self, go to You Tube enter Hiace prop shaft repair its all there all you need is a good vice hammer old screwdriver punch and large sockets for mandrills. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
RandyOakley

Number of posts : 16
Home City : Bellevue
Model and year : 1997 Living Saloon Ex
Registration date : 2022-07-24

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Hiace LWB Propshaft advice Please!   2004 Hiace LWB Propshaft advice Please! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 10:36 pm

If the seller represented the vehicle with "no known faults" in writing" I would at least investigate either canceling the sale for a refund or getting the seller to make repairs to address the issues that cause the vehicle to fail inspection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Hiace LWB Propshaft advice Please!   2004 Hiace LWB Propshaft advice Please! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2004 Hiace LWB Propshaft advice Please!
Page 1 of 1