Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need to find the Oil Pressure Sensor - 2004? Hiace Aust.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Baradinepixie

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Coonabarabran NSW
Registration date : 2022-02-20

Need to find the Oil Pressure Sensor  - 2004? Hiace Aust. Empty
PostSubject: Need to find the Oil Pressure Sensor - 2004? Hiace Aust.   Need to find the Oil Pressure Sensor  - 2004? Hiace Aust. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2022 12:17 pm

Hi All,

We have a 2004? Toyota Hiace that we bought just before Christmas in Sydney. The only nagging thing I can find wrong with it so far is the yellow oil pressure light on the dash (I also have a red one, but that is a different story). To our understanding we need to change the Oil Pressure Sensor on the engine and we are going to do an oil change. It is a bit confusing as I can't find information on where this Sensor is located. Do you have a recommendation on where I can find this information?

The background on our van is that it was originally from Tasmania and belonged to a sign writing business and we have all the receipts for the work that has been done. It had a reconditioned(?) engine not so long ago and the second owner (I believe) had the Sensor light on all the time and put a piece of blue tack over the light on the dash. So fast forward to us, we have got the Oil Pressure Sensor to put in and basically need some guidance. We will be using it for transporting stuff as well as a bit of glamping.

Kind regards,

Paula
(aka Baradinepixie)
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Need to find the Oil Pressure Sensor  - 2004? Hiace Aust. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to find the Oil Pressure Sensor - 2004? Hiace Aust.   Need to find the Oil Pressure Sensor  - 2004? Hiace Aust. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 7:21 pm

Hello.

Take a look at the manuals on the https://www.hiacesoutheast.com/ page. To identify your engine I think the easiest place to start is either on the VIN or build plate, but if this is wrong try the engine number on the block (see posts here or look in your manual for where this is stamped). Alternatively I think the best way to work out which engine series you have is to look at the number and arrangement of auxillary belts. Sounds daft but see here: https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/lh119v/114894/engine/1605/ for example, but you might need to look at the belt arrangements for other models.

HTH
Back to top Go down

Need to find the Oil Pressure Sensor - 2004? Hiace Aust.
Page 1 of 1