Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Turbo Pressure Sensor location

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nandun

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Colombo, Sri Lanka
Model and year : 1993 Hiace super custom limited
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Turbo Pressure Sensor location Empty
PostSubject: Turbo Pressure Sensor location    Turbo Pressure Sensor location Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi All,

I have a SC with 2LTE and just wanted to know where is the Turbo Pressure Sensor is located in 2LTE, I'm getting a error code that related to turbo pressure sensor and i cannot locate the sensor.

Thanks,
Nandun
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Pressure Sensor location    Turbo Pressure Sensor location Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 8:45 am

The parts system show it floating around the left rear of the engine, probably near the throttle body. Not very clear.

If you google for "toyota 89420-26040" you can see what it looks like. It may not be on the engine, but against the backwall or something.
Back to top Go down
Nandun

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Colombo, Sri Lanka
Model and year : 1993 Hiace super custom limited
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Pressure Sensor location    Turbo Pressure Sensor location Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 10:51 am

Hiace4wd wrote:
The parts system show it floating around the left rear of the engine, probably near the throttle body. Not very clear.

If you google for "toyota 89420-26040" you can see what it looks like. It may not be on the engine, but against the backwall or something.

Thank you! will have a look, but that day we searched everywhere and coudn't find anything.

can you see anything here?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/11/21/16/98/s-l16010.jpg
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Pressure Sensor location    Turbo Pressure Sensor location Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:30 am

Well, what is the plug connected to on the upper right, on the right of the throttle body? Down right from the three wires?

It is supposed to look like this:

Turbo Pressure Sensor location 888762491_013

So I would check all walls on that side of the engine.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Pressure Sensor location    Turbo Pressure Sensor location Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 11:56 am

Looks the same as the 1kz one.
You should be able to find it by tracing a thin manifold pressure line to it, perhaps going through a small filter first.

If you do find the small filter then replace it (or clean it with brake cleaner and dry it thoroughly) as when blocked up with diesel crud it can block the pipe so the sensor doesn't record anything....
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Pressure Sensor location    Turbo Pressure Sensor location Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 1:09 pm

Checked my turbo pressure sensor found pipe coming out of inlet manifold was blocked and filter clogged easy to clean, but what will the rest of the inlet manifold be like only way to check is take it of to clean it.
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Now running on veg oil

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Pressure Sensor location    Turbo Pressure Sensor location Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 8:42 pm

Just road tested the sc after cleaning the turbo pressure pipe and filter and delighted its added about 20hp back to its usual sparkling performance.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Pressure Sensor location    Turbo Pressure Sensor location Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 12:11 am

Sounds good!!

IIRC the EGR valve causes the mixture of soot and diesel to form a layer of gunk that gradually clogs the inlet manifold, including everything connected to it.

Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Now running on veg oil

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Pressure Sensor location    Turbo Pressure Sensor location Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 8:11 am

Looked it up on Youtube plenty say use some sort of spray down the turbo inlet that to me looks pretty useless removing the inlet manifold and scraping then oven cleaner does a better job, but not one says how to clean the actual valve ports that are allso gummed up my idea is take rocker cover of turn engine to close valve scrape and brush what you can blast out with air one at a time (cover all other ports and parts) then spray with paraffin brush and blast out again. Then of coarse there is the outlet side to consider in which case we would have to consider a full head of decoke as we used to do 50 years ago. Or shall I say sod it if it aint broke dont fix it just block of the EGR vac pipe.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Pressure Sensor location    Turbo Pressure Sensor location Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 5:13 pm

If there's good power I'd leave it!
You can always just block the vacuum feed when it's closed to lock the EGR shut.
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Now running on veg oil

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Pressure Sensor location    Turbo Pressure Sensor location Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 8:35 am

I usually run on veg oil blend but have used normal diesel for a month a week ago on a long run to Torque experienced sluggish acceleration and rough running followed by engine light and limp mode, last night had a good run on motorway after fixing the turbo pressure sensor filter blockage the SC ran like a clock so happy days again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Pressure Sensor location    Turbo Pressure Sensor location Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turbo Pressure Sensor location
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Electrical :: Sparky Lives Ere-
Jump to: