Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
95supercstmltd

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Vancouver
Registration date : 2022-11-30

Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec Empty
PostSubject: Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec   Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2023 11:25 am

Hey everyone, first post here on this forum. I have a 95 super custom limited, and when I turn my ignition on to warm up the glow plugs, the light flashes for less than a second and turns off. I'm worried that my glow plugs aren't actually getting up to temperature as I think I have been having some rough starts in the mornings? It's my first diesel so I'm not terribly familiar with them. Has anyone ran into this issue before? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 277
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec   Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2023 1:03 pm

Some info here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN0SrqGyWgg&ab_channel=nathansharma87

Not sure why he says the older models, he means 95s - but it'll be worth trying the long cycle thing to see if it's the same as his 97. And if it isn't, you could try cycling the glow plugs without turning the engine over a few times to see if that helps?

95supercstmltd likes this post

Back to top Go down
95supercstmltd

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Vancouver
Registration date : 2022-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec   Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2023 1:15 pm

I'll give that a watch after work! And thank you!
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec   Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2023 3:30 am

Do not worry the glow plugs are on for about 90 seconds if you turn on ignition but do not start engine you will hear relay click to off after 90 sec , I run on veg oil mix it starts well but runs rough after heaters turn off , perfect when up to temp.
Back to top Go down
Di Bingles

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Dunfermline
Model and year : 1998 Super Custom - Cruising Cabin 3.0td Auto 1kzte KZH110
Registration date : 2021-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec   Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 11:13 pm

My 98 Glow plug light only stays on for a second or two also, I stripped the plugs and timed them individually, they all took 15 seconds before going off. I now turn the ignition to position one, count to 14 using the clock, turn the ignition fully and the engine fires up immediately. If I go slightly over the 15 seconds it still fires up after a couple of turns.

Pete_nz likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec   Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glow plug light immediately turns off after about half a sec
Page 1 of 1