Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Identify this connection?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NashvilleSuperCustom

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Nashville, TN, USA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited (Living Saloon)
2-lte Diesel 2wd
Registration date : 2022-12-01

Identify this connection? Empty
PostSubject: Identify this connection?   Identify this connection? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 5:13 pm

Could anyone identify what connects to this? It's wired and has electricity, but hasn't had anything connected.

I'm having trouble with short circuiting and am trying to figure it out

Thanks!

Identify this connection? Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Ganbatte
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : USA
Model and year :
1996 KZH106W-MRPGT
'Super Custom G Excellent'

Registration date : 2022-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Identify this connection?   Identify this connection? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2023 1:47 am

I don't think I have a connector shaped like that on my 96 1KZ. Does it come from the same branch of the loom as the fuel filter water sensor? I have an unused, unidentified connector there but it doesn't look like yours.

Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Identify this connection?   Identify this connection? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2023 9:06 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Based on my van (a ’92 LH119, with a 3L engine) there are two similar plugs in that area.

One has thinish red and black wires and indicates water in fuel on the dash. The float sensor is built into the bottom of the fuel filter and the fitting also allows excess water to be drained off. I guess it’s possible to replace the correct filter with one without the lower fitting for the sensor part, wiring and drain tap, but probably not a great idea. Alternatively your wiring might be damaged or just not reconnected after a filter change.

The other similar plug is a low coolant level in the expansion tank; a similar float sensor in the bottom of the tank. The wiring for this is thick black(?) and white.

Both of these connectors are tightly bound into the loom in this area. The base of the expansion tank is difficult to get at and the filter one is best accessed by lifting out the filter off its bracket. Both are simple open circuit / continuity to the dash lamp then to ground.

Do check out this post for access to the EPC and the various exploded parts diagrams mentioned, plus the best electrical manual that’s readily available to help you chase down and fix your electrical gremlins:
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t4468-part-numbers

Is it possible this was left unconnected as it was causing a fault? In addition to wiring issues the sensors can be problematical if neglected, especially the coolant one if this system contains sludge.

HTH!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Identify this connection?   Identify this connection? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Identify this connection?
Page 1 of 1