Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AC compressor

Go down 
+2
Ganbatte
Grancy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grancy

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Vancouver
Registration date : 2019-12-17

AC compressor Empty
PostSubject: AC compressor   AC compressor Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2023 1:36 am

My AC stopped working last summer and it was determined to be the compressor. My mechanic will only install a new compressor and Toyota no longer makes the one for my 1996 Super Custom Diesel 4wheel drive (part # 88320-26420). I am wondering if the one I found online through nengun.com (88320-26H91) is compatible? I am interested in any help anyone can give me. The dealer I bought the van from found one in Japan but they won’t ship it to Canada. Thanks for any input!
Back to top Go down
Ganbatte
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : USA
Model and year :
1996 KZH106W-MRPGT
'Super Custom G Excellent'

Registration date : 2022-07-22

AC compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC compressor   AC compressor Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2023 6:23 pm

Which engine does your van have? I'm assuming 1KZ-TE based on the part number.

A brief search and cross reference on toyodiy shows that this compressor is unique to the HiAce, but I suspect any compressor from a 1KZ powered vehicle will fit, so maybe you could use one from a land cruiser.  It may not provide sufficient cooling capacity though since the HiAce has a much bigger cabin, and that's probably why it has a different compressor.  Up to you whether or not you want to take that chance.

If you can find a used one, it isn't too difficult to install it yourself if you have basic tools and mechanical ability.  It's at the top of the engine, so easy to work on.  You would need to have the system purged of refrigerant, and then remove the drivers seat and floor, then remove the AC belt, disconnect refrigerant lines and electrical connections, then unbolt the mount and it will come right out.  Install the replacement in reverse order and recharge the refrigerant.

Is your mechanic 100% sure it's the compressor, and not the clutch?  The clutch cross references to many North American market Toyotas and should be easy to source.
Back to top Go down
Grancy

AC compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC compressor   AC compressor Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2023 10:20 pm

Thanks so much for your input. My Hiace model# is KZH106W. I’ll check with my mechanic about the clutch. Your advice is really helpful. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

AC compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC compressor   AC compressor Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2023 5:58 am

Hi Grancy

The Hiace 1KZ-TE uses a Denso 10PA17C AC compressor. They were on early 90s Land cruisers and 22re pickups. Can buy one on rock auto for 220 dollars or so brand new. Only difference is whether you need the Vbelt or serpentine clutch.

Good luck and God Bless.
-Bryan
Back to top Go down
Grancy

AC compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC compressor   AC compressor Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2023 5:35 pm

Your response is super helpful! Thanks so much. Wonderful advice! My Hiace has a v-belt.
Back to top Go down
Irish Rover

Number of posts : 6
Home City : Mount Juliet
Registration date : 2023-04-11

AC compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC compressor   AC compressor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2023 3:15 am

Hey everyone.New to the HiAce world. Have a '96 with a 2.4L engine and automatic transmission. Need the A/C compressor; does anyone know the part number or where to get one? Thx so much!
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

AC compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC compressor   AC compressor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2023 3:24 am

Tell me which Hiace you have Grancy and I’ll try to see what it has in it. I need the model number and what not. Starts with 2 or 3 letters and ends with 2 or 3 numbers.

Have an awesome night
-Bryan
Back to top Go down
Grancy

AC compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC compressor   AC compressor Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2023 12:57 am

Hello Irish Rover and blgravely
I am happy to report I was able to get my AC fixed by IcyCool in Vancouver, BC. The owner had contacts in the US and was able to get the compressor for my 1996 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0 turbo diesel in one day! I was amazed after searching for months. He was very knowledgeable and efficient. Really great! If you run into similar issues, maybe he can help! (Along with the compressor, a new sealed receiver/dryer needs to be installed).

Andonic and LH119V like this post

Back to top Go down
Irish Rover

AC compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC compressor   AC compressor Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2023 4:28 am

Here it is Bryan, RZH101-6005716 . Whatever help you can give would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 278
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

AC compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC compressor   AC compressor Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2023 12:22 pm

Hi Irish Rover,

If you use https://toyota.epc-data.com/ you can identify the parts from your chassis number. Looking at it, the page seems to be: https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/rzh101g/142904/electric/8719/88320/?color=2GW&trim=OL46

Which suggests you either want the 88320-26450 or the alternative 88320-26H91

It looks like the petrol and diesel engine shared the same compressor, just used different mounting brackets.

The epc site links to importable items using amayama.com - but it's not going to be cheap that way. Google those part numbers to try and find something local.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

AC compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC compressor   AC compressor Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2023 2:26 pm

Good Morning Irish Rover.

Thank you Goose for all that good information.

Please confirm, but it looks like your van uses the same Denso 10PA17C AC compressor as the diesel but with a different manifold on top and a 4PK serpentine clutch on it.

The manifolds stay with the van when replaced so that’s no issue.

All 90’s Toyota 4 runner(s) with the 3.4 V6 came with a Denso 4PK Serpentine Clutch 10PA17C AC Compressor. Please go check one out at the parts store to see if that’s your guy. As goose said above some had weird spacing for the mounts but I think you’ll be happy.

Back to top Go down
Irish Rover

AC compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC compressor   AC compressor Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2023 12:36 am

Thx for the info guys, ordering one tomorrow.
Oil filter is a tacti V91110104 .Can't seem to cross reference it, anyone know if there is a suitable alternative.Oil type and quantity would also be helpful ....Thx again
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

AC compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC compressor   AC compressor Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 5:24 pm

Sound advice from Ganbatte, g00se and blgravely. Many garages have a completely stock answer to any or many A/C questions, which is to fit a new compressor, even before hooking the vehicle up to gauges or any other diagnostics. Truthfully, many issues can be corrected with a new compressor, but it is just one component is a fairly complex system. There are also service parts available for many a/c compressors. I also get the impression that there are small differences in compressors and revisions to part numbers over time that complicates things. Do check the EPC for your van and don’t forget a new drier, too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AC compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC compressor   AC compressor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC compressor
Page 1 of 1