Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which wire powers the instrument lights?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ganbatte
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : USA
Model and year :
1996 KZH106W-MRPGT
'Super Custom G Excellent'

Registration date : 2022-07-22

Which wire powers the instrument lights? Empty
PostSubject: Which wire powers the instrument lights?   Which wire powers the instrument lights? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2022 12:40 am

I'm installing some aftermarket gauges, and I'd like to draw the power for their back lights from the van's gauge cluster lighting so that their illumination turns on and off with the headlight switch. Does anyone know which wire this would be or have a wiring diagram for this part of the electrical system?

This is in a 1996 KZH-106W.
Back to top Go down
Ganbatte
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : USA
Model and year :
1996 KZH106W-MRPGT
'Super Custom G Excellent'

Registration date : 2022-07-22

Which wire powers the instrument lights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which wire powers the instrument lights?   Which wire powers the instrument lights? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2022 5:55 pm

I've discovered that the dash clock conveniently has it's pinout labeled on the back, one of which is illumination. So I'm going to use that.

Perhaps I can trace that back to the wire that powers all gauge illumination. I'd like to install a dimmer at some point, so good info to have.
Back to top Go down

Which wire powers the instrument lights?
Page 1 of 1