Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1992 Super Custom FOR SALE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
midlifemorriss
midlifemorriss

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Mulbarton
Registration date : 2021-04-29

1992 Super Custom FOR SALE Empty
PostSubject: 1992 Super Custom FOR SALE   1992 Super Custom FOR SALE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2022 8:15 pm

Hi folks,

Sadly I've had to draw a line under restoring my SC due to personal circumstances and lack of space to store it for another time so have decided to sell.

The item is on ebay as per link below as a classified ad (not an auction) but I am open to anyone coming direct to me to discuss. Being a classified ad I'm not obliged to sell via ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165577893087

You'll see that the description is completely candid - this is a significant restoration project needing an engine rebuild. The full story is that it has stood for some years always starting and idling beautifully and sailed through its first MOT in about 10 years when I bought it two years ago. However on the drive home we had an overheating event due to a leak in the heating circuit pipework. Having thoroughly flushed and checked coolant system I test drove again but still overheating. I suspect that the issue is on the oil side - either blocked oil galleries or failed oil cooler/ pump. The engine began to knock following that.

I know that is not insurmountable - probably requires replacement end bearing etc as well as sorting whatever is wrong with oil side. Or perhaps an engine swap - but for me at this time it is just too big a project.

This is one for a dedicated and well resourced enthusiast. Perhaps useful for spares for restoring another?

I need to shift it promptly due to having some building work on the house scheduled so if it won't sell as a whole within the space of a week I will scrap it but recover useful spares (headlights / trims / ECU etc) that I can easily store and re-list those.

If of any interest give me a shout.

Cheers,

Daniel
Back to top Go down

1992 Super Custom FOR SALE
Page 1 of 1