Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dashboard lights on

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vanman

Number of posts : 2
Home City : northumberland
Registration date : 2012-10-27

Dashboard lights on Empty
PostSubject: Dashboard lights on   Dashboard lights on Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2022 10:53 am

Hi all, I have a 93 sc hiace 2.8 diesel auto. Just recently I had the alternator changed, now when i start the engine the 4 or 5 lights on the dash come on the battery is charging but seems eratic. After about ten minutes the lights go out the alarm sounds and every thing is back to normal, I went on approx ten mile journey every things seems ok. Any ideas what the lights and alarm are about? Dave
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dashboard lights on   Dashboard lights on Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2022 1:35 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I’ve no idea but there are quite a few pinned posts on the forum that describe the various lights and what they refer to. Searching the forum is quite easy in theory but doesn’t always turn up what you’re hoping for. You can also try a web search but also include 'Super Custom Forum' in the bar and it’ll help a bit.

Warning lights are just that and without knowing whether they refer to low washer fluid or insufficient brake fluid or other critical thing would make me worried.

Check the manual if you have one. Search the forum and also post a picture here if that helps; adding pictures is not available by default I think so you might need to make a few more posts, plus adding pictures is done via an upload thingy that is available when you have the full edit bar.

HTH and welcome.
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Dashboard lights on   Dashboard lights on Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2022 11:01 pm

I had a similar thing a while back after an alternator replacement. Took it back to the auto electrician who had done the replacement and he found one of the brushes wasn't seating properly.
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Dashboard lights on   Dashboard lights on Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2022 3:00 am

It sounds like a fault in the new alternator as the above poster mentioned. I'd take it back and get whoever supplied it to check and replace / repair under warranty as necessary. I'm sure I've seen multiple posts about faulty alternators bringing up an array of seemingly unrelated warning lamps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dashboard lights on   Dashboard lights on Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dashboard lights on
Page 1 of 1