Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tripovich

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Brunswick
Registration date : 2021-10-25

96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems Empty
PostSubject: 96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems   96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 9:57 am

Hey everyone, I've got some problems here.

It's 96 SC G, 1kzte 3.0td

The white fuse that I'm guessing it's the main is just soldered together and I need to replace it, but I don't have any diagrams here. I also don't get any power to glow plugs, but the 80A fuse is working well. I've got a time switch fitted in for this purpose.

Does anyone have a diagram for this box? I have to swap the white fuse, don't know where to start with it. Any ideas?

Cheers!96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems Pxl_2010
Back to top Go down
brewera
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 51
Home City : Hood River, Oregon
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-09-13

PostSubject: Re: 96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems   96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 4:55 pm

I have found the following electrical wiring diagrams (https://www.hiacesoutheast.com/hiace-manuals) helpful in working with my 93 1KZTE
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: 96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems   96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 10:41 pm

That broken fusable link is just a few dollars at the parts store. I would complete the circuit there before continuing with your trouble-shooting.

It is hard to get out. The bottom is held in with 10mm head bolts which require you taking the whole thing apart from the bottom if that makes sense.

tripovich likes this post

Back to top Go down
tripovich

PostSubject: Re: 96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems   96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 11:24 pm

That makes a lot of sense, cause I tried to pull it out and couldn't! Thank you for that! Do you know what amps rating goes there?
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: 96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems   96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 3:45 am

60 amps

Should have a yellow top. Also called a bussman fuse too.

If you have any trouble getting it out, message me and I’ll help you over the phone.
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: 96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems   96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 2:12 pm

There are a few things going on in this situation.

Your van is different…but not so different that things are completely weird. Everything is mostly in the same place.

Your fusable link box appears to have links for the glow plugs and charging circuit.  That 7.5 blade fuse is for one of their relays. And you have a relay right on the side of it as well. Toyota probably just consolidated your ALT circuit all in one place for your year.

That popped one is a 120 like you told me last night. But both those circuits use blade fuses for their relays which are located elsewhere.  Once you replace that link you’ll be good to go there.

Since your glow plugs circuit isn’t getting power to the relays I would check both of the fuse panels under the passenger and drivers footwells.  The glow plug relay fuse is labeled EF 1 on my diagram I’ll attach below.  Might be that simple.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by blgravely on Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: 96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems   96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 2:15 pm

96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems Cd521f10
Back to top Go down
tripovich

PostSubject: Re: 96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems   96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 10:58 pm

Awesome, I'll put 120A in today, I'll check the ef1 fuse as well today. I've got a timer switch fitted in for the glow plugs, so I've got it bypassed in case it's ecu (bought the car like that, but figured out that the time switch is for a year later).

Thank you so much for your help!
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: 96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems   96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 1:00 am

Awesome plan.

It would be better to get off the timer as it uses 2 relays to step down the voltage as the ECU decides.

It keeps your glow plugs working longer that way.

Good luck. Hope it’s just a fuse

Happy Halloween!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems   96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

96 SC 1kzte starter relay problems
Page 1 of 1