Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Taillights and or brake lights stuck on.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spiral
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : Japan
Registration date : 2014-06-07

Taillights and or brake lights stuck on. Empty
PostSubject: Taillights and or brake lights stuck on.   Taillights and or brake lights stuck on. Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 8:30 am

Hi

Well I hope this is not a glitch from my saltwater flood 3 years ago.
The back lights are stuck on!!
Not sure where to start to figure this out.

The car is a 2000 Hiace Super Custom.

Thanks Gary

I found the problem. There is a brake light sensor switch near the pivot point of the brake pedal, I adjusted that and am back in business.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Davekathi

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Mountain Home
Registration date : 2021-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Taillights and or brake lights stuck on.   Taillights and or brake lights stuck on. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 3:14 am

Thank you so much for that information. I washed my 95 SC today, and discovered my brake lights were stuck on. I lifted the pedal and realized the lights went off. I will look at adjusting the sensor tomorrow, it is late and I am tired.
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Taillights and or brake lights stuck on.   Taillights and or brake lights stuck on. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 4:25 am

I had this issue several years ago and discovered that there is a small pad of a hard rubber-like material which should be on the brake pedal arm where it contacts the switch. It was laying on the floor. Glued that back on and problem fixed.
Back to top Go down
spiral
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : Japan
Registration date : 2014-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Taillights and or brake lights stuck on.   Taillights and or brake lights stuck on. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 12:48 pm

MalL wrote:
I had this issue several years ago and discovered that there is a small pad of a hard rubber-like material which should be on the brake pedal arm where it contacts the switch. It was laying on the floor. Glued that back on and problem fixed.

Yes, I found my broken pad after I adjusted it. Mine was broken so I just left it off. If You can just glue it back that is the easier fix.
Back to top Go down
Davekathi

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Mountain Home
Registration date : 2021-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Taillights and or brake lights stuck on.   Taillights and or brake lights stuck on. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 4:36 pm

I found the broken pad, just like you said, enough was left to glue it back on. again, thank you all.
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Taillights and or brake lights stuck on.   Taillights and or brake lights stuck on. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 12:06 am

Ah, good. That's an easy fix.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taillights and or brake lights stuck on.   Taillights and or brake lights stuck on. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taillights and or brake lights stuck on.
Page 1 of 1