Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Struggling to find replacement Aircon belt in the UK.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
parxuk
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2021-05-03

Struggling to find replacement Aircon belt in the UK.  Empty
PostSubject: Struggling to find replacement Aircon belt in the UK.    Struggling to find replacement Aircon belt in the UK.  Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 12:13 pm

Hi there.

I am based in the UK and new to Hiace ownership and associated issues with sourcing parts for an old vehicle.

I have a 1993 2.8D and need a replacement air con belt. I think I have finally found the correct part number, although there are 2 numbers for 2 different belts which have slightly different sizes.

Part number 99332-01235 and 99332-11245 at 1235 and 1245 length respectively. Dont know how critical the lenght is?

Biggest problem is trying to source the part. I can find alternator belts etc, but not the aircon.

Any suggestions for UK based suppliers, or do I have to get from an international seller. If so who is recommended please?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Struggling to find replacement Aircon belt in the UK.    Struggling to find replacement Aircon belt in the UK.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 11:40 pm

Hello

I don't know the answer but I suspect that 10mm difference on the belt length probably is not critical and might be manageable by the bracket. I was surprised how much sidewise flex there is on my aircon belt; it's not new but doesn't slip.

If you've not fixed this I'd approach the problem like this.

1. Take a look here: https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/9933211245 (for example) and see the use of these belts (and it seems great that they have built the length into the part number, that's obvious but quite sensible). See if you can work out the correct belt for your engine / application and find the price.

2. Phone Europarts or whoever is your regular parts supplier and see if they can find a part and a price.

3. Phone Toyota and check your knowledge with them and get them to do some cross-referencing. While my van is an import, I've found my local dealership very helpful and extremely knowledgeable and happy to give me prices and also up to date part numbers. If they can determine the right part and it's reasonable compared to 1 and 2 then just get them to get it on order; you’ve paid for them to help after all. If they are expensive then you will probably now have the knowledge to get an equivalent and correct part from 2.

4. Post the answer here.

As I have the cover off the RH side of my engine bay I’ll see if I can see a part number in the coming days, but my belt is quite old and the numbers might not be very clear.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
parxuk
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2021-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Struggling to find replacement Aircon belt in the UK.    Struggling to find replacement Aircon belt in the UK.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 12:15 pm

LH119V

Thanks so much for the reply.

I appologise as I have already managed to replace the belt, and should have updated this thread but didnt.

You are correct, there appears to be lots of size adjustment on the pully, so I beleive a number of closely sized belts would fit.

For info I went for a Gates FleetRunner AVX13x1250HD V-Belt, which cost approx £10 and works a treat.

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
wafoo
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : london, N22
Model and year : Lexus 1994 7 seats 3L Class MPV
Registration date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Struggling to find replacement Aircon belt in the UK.    Struggling to find replacement Aircon belt in the UK.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 4:59 pm

Aircon belt UK etc.

Hi there,

I got my three belts from the Toyota garage at Woodford, Essex. Gave them the engine type and VIN and they had them within a few days. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Struggling to find replacement Aircon belt in the UK.    Struggling to find replacement Aircon belt in the UK.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Struggling to find replacement Aircon belt in the UK.
Page 1 of 1