Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

Number of posts : 66
Home City : EASTBOURNE
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM 3.0LT TDI 4WD

Registration date : 2010-01-03

TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT Empty
PostSubject: TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT   TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi Guys,

well the 200k mark is quickly approaching Embarassed so I thought I should start looking around for a garage to do the work. Can any of the U.K members recommend anyone for the job and also a rough price they paid, As I am currently looking around the U.K location is not a big issue.

Is it also a good idea to do the water pump at the same time.

Cheers,

Dave
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT   TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:25 pm

Try Bob

http://rcmvr.co.uk/

mobile mechanic comes to you, covers the whole of the UK, based in Dartford so you will be a local job.

Won't beat his price, nor his expetise. On top of that he is a top bloke.

Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

Number of posts : 66
Home City : EASTBOURNE
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM 3.0LT TDI 4WD

Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT   TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks for that Clive,

I will get in touch with him soon, did he do yours and what sort of money££. Sorry to hear about your van. I saw appear for the second time on Ebay and figured somebody must have messed you around, I hope it went for a good price Smile

You will have to keep posting on the site as your info and help to the other mambers has been really great, just a shame the problem with your van was'nt an easy fix.

Cheers,

Dave
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

PostSubject: Re: TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT   TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:43 pm

Not sure what he charges other than a lot less than a garage, he knows what he is doing and won't scam you.

3 times on ebay! One very good price but the winner wanted to import to Thailand, sadly no UK exporter would grant him a license as the Thai docks just turn import vehicles away. Two still a good price but a timewaster! Three still not collected but has phoned a few times should collect tomorrow.

Not sure what the current problem is but I've not time (and the weather don't help) to get it sorted as I'm moving house and need a vehicle. I've got a stop gap Avensis petrol thingy.

I'm not leaving the forum and once moved will be looking for another Super Custom Limited, Hilux or Land Cruiser with the 3.0 litre engine, may even have a look at the Regius things.
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT   TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:29 am

Good luck with the move mate, and the sale.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT   TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:22 am

Cheers AussieQ, transporter man just rang for post code so I guess he is on his way, this is worse than when the children moved out!
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT   TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:24 am

just had timing belt, waterpump, tensioner, pulley and thermostat replaced. 3 and half hours for the job. After 20 years the original timing belt is immaculate. Somewhere I read if you examine the timing belt and find no cracks, just put it back in. Who knows if the new parts are going to last another 100,000!

I also had the rad recored.That was 400 dollars and took over 2 hours to take out and put back in. the fluid in the rad was all black with an unhealthy tint of rust. It was probably never changed while it was in Japan and probably had no coolant/antifreeze in it. If your buying used I'd advise to check all the fluids BEFORE purchasing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT   TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT
Page 1 of 1